AMD RadeonSI Gallium3D Performance For 4K Linux Gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curaga View Post
    AMD specs for 6870 say the max res is 2560x1600.
    Thats just the box spec, it's outdated.

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
    One of the devs (i think agd5f??) said that 6850 card can do 4k with DP1.2 when i asked the same thing.
    Much more then that, the HD6000 series with the 11.10 drivers or newer support resolutions up to 16000x16000 http://www.dailytech.com/AMD+Video+C...ticle23159.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Delgarde View Post
      Well, that somewhat depends on the screen you're using. If you're running a 40" TV like these benchmarks, then yeah, the PPI isn't much better than a standard monitor. But if you're running a 24" desktop monitor, that's a very different story - that *is* going to be somewhere in the vicinity of 200 PPI.
      The Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime has a 5.1" 2560x1440 screen for 575.92 PPI, The closest thing on a normal computer screen is the Toshiba Satellite P50t-B laptop's 15.6" 3840x2160 screen which is 282.42PPI.

I want cellphone level PPI on all of my screens, jagies then become irrelevant as there literally are more pixels then you can possibly see. Though to do that in a resource efficient way you'd have to have resolution independence and probably displayport straight to the panel like you see with Apple's retina displays when you take them apart. I.E. theres no hardware in between the screen and the GPU, you want to talk about a low input latency screen...

Comment

Originally posted by Kivada View Post
        Thats just the box spec, it's outdated.

Much more then that, the HD6000 series with the 11.10 drivers or newer support resolutions up to 16000x16000 http://www.dailytech.com/AMD+Video+C...ticle23159.htm
        That's the eyefinity (/total) resolution, the question is how much can the connector built in to the 6k cards handle in one screen.

Comment

Working...
        X