AMD Releases UVD Video Decode Support For R600 GPUs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CGarces View Post
    I have added the "radeon" module to /etc/modules and now X server start correctly, but the system not works.
    After enter on graphic mode keyboard and mouse not respond (on console before startx works ok) .
    Can you look at the logs?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nille View Post
      Can you look at the logs?
      After enter on X the keyboard and mouse stop to work and I need to manually shut-down. I don't know how get the logs.

About the udev error, I can't see anything on dmesg (booting with ro 3)

This is the dmesg with the radeon module loaded
      And this is the original one

How can I collect better logs?

Comment

• under /var/log are also the old logs from the last start e.g. Xorg.0.log.old

If you has a second computer you can connect with ssh to the other and look whats going on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nille View Post
          under /var/log are also the old logs from the last start e.g. Xorg.0.log.old

If you has a second computer you can connect with ssh to the other and look whats going on.
          Thanks!
          I see Xorg.0.log.old and dmesg.0 but I can't identify the error

In the Xorg log with 3.14 I see some references to the keyboard and mouse, but nothing in the Xorg log with 3.18.

I expect something like

Code:
          $ grep  Mouse Xorg.0.log
          [    23.673] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Logitech USB-PS/2 Optical Mouse (/dev/input/event7)
          [    23.673] (**) Logitech USB-PS/2 Optical Mouse: Applying InputClass "evdev pointer catchall"
          But not is loaded with Kernel 3.18

Comment

• Probably because udev is not running.

Check if the following files are present with the 3.18 kernel:
            /proc/sys/kernel/hotplug
            /sys/kernel/uevent_helper

If google is right /etc/init.d/udev in debian searches for either the first or the second file and otherwise print "udev requires hotplug support, not started."
            If only one of them is present, you should check what /etc/init.d/udev is really looking for.

Comment

• Sometimes Debian kernels are really poor... You could try latest nightly (special) Spitfire images, special has gfxdetect for fglrx/nvidia binary if wanted, xbmc preinstaled to try directly vdpau with radeon/nvidia or vaapi with fglrx/intel. Steam preinstalled as well.

The haswell speed patch for source engine is included as well in that kernel.

Comment

• Install an alternative 3.18 kernel instead of the one at Debian experimental solve all my boot problems, but VDPAU still not working

I can't see anything strange on vdpauinfo (see log) but using mplayer -vo vdpau not works, I see a corrupted screen.

I also not see any error during the mplayer execution.

Code:
                MPlayer 1.1-4.7 (C) 2000-2012 MPlayer Team

Playing ../Descargas/big_buck_bunny_480p_surround-fix.avi.
                libavformat version 54.6.100 (internal)
                AVI file format detected.
                [aviheader] Video stream found, -vid 0
                [aviheader] Audio stream found, -aid 1
                VIDEO:  [FMP4]  854x480  24bpp  24.000 fps  2500.3 kbps (305.2 kbyte/s)
                Load subtitles in ../Descargas/
                ==========================================================================
                Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
                libavcodec version 54.23.100 (internal)
                Selected video codec: [ffodivx] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg MPEG-4)
                Opening audio decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg/libavcodec audio decoders
                AUDIO: 48000 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 448.0 kbit/29.17% (ratio: 56000->192000)
                Selected audio codec: [ffac3] afm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg AC-3)
                AO: [alsa] 48000Hz 2ch s16le (2 bytes per sample)
                Starting playback...
                Movie-Aspect is 1.78:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
                VO: [vdpau] 854x480 => 854x480 Planar YV12
                The same video works fine with vx or x11.

I'm using Kernel 3.18.2 and Mesa 10.5 from oibaf-ppa

Comment

• It seems that you also installed the needed firmware for RS780 since vdpauinfo works.
                  The thing that differ your vdpauinfo from my newer hardware besides supported formats is width and height where you have 8192 everywhere.
                  The RS780 might have some bugs, i haven't played around with it my self.

Comment

• @CGarces

vdpauinfo only shows mpeg 1+2 accelleration not more.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGarces View Post
                      Install an alternative 3.18 kernel instead of the one at Debian experimental solve all my boot problems, but VDPAU still not working

I can't see anything strange on vdpauinfo (see log) but using mplayer -vo vdpau not works, I see a corrupted screen.
                      You are probably using the shader based vdpau implementation rather than UVD (fallback if UVD is not available). Check your kernel log and make sure UVD initialized correctly.

Comment

Working...
                      X