Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon DRM-Next Work: GPUVM Optimizations, Deep Color HDMI

Phoronix: Radeon DRM-Next Work: GPUVM Optimizations, Deep Color HDMI

The next round of Radeon DRM driver improvements have been mailed in for landing in the Linux 3.16 kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

d the change is to fill VM page tables from the GART page table when applicable.
    Someone explain what this means?

Comment

Originally posted by ua=42 View Post
      GART (Graphics Address Remapping Table) is what gets used to handle moving things around between video memory and main system memory. I'm not 100% sure on this but I'm thinking this goes in-hand with the recent work to make Radeon's memory allocation more optimized. So you'd have main system memory --> GART as a middle man --> Video memory.

Possible that Radeon wasn't taking advantage of all available video memory? Or was taking advantage of it but only in specific and restricted cases?
      All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by ua=42 View Post
        It means we copy the PTEs from the gart table to the GPUVM tables if they are the same rather than populating them directly.

Comment

Support of audio over DisplayPort?

Hi,

I am using a Radeon 7750, and sound works with the OSS radeon over HDMI, and Catalyst over DP, but radeon + DP does not work. As I would like to use a newer Xorg (1.16), and Catalyst is problematic in a multiseat environment, any timeline for sound over DP with radeon?

Kind regards, Stefan

Comment

Originally posted by StefanBruens View Post
            Hi,

I am using a Radeon 7750, and sound works with the OSS radeon over HDMI, and Catalyst over DP, but radeon + DP does not work. As I would like to use a newer Xorg (1.16), and Catalyst is problematic in a multiseat environment, any timeline for sound over DP with radeon?

Kind regards, Stefan
            I didn't think that DP actually spec'd audio.
            Is that an actual DP device you are running? Or are you running an HDMI device from the DP via passive adapter?

Comment

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
              I didn't think that DP actually spec'd audio.
              Is that an actual DP device you are running? Or are you running an HDMI device from the DP via passive adapter?

It is speced for 24 bit 8 channel audio.

I know at least the Intel DRM driver supports it. Not sure about the others. They show up as HDMI Audio under Pulseaudio, though.

Comment

The hw supports audio over DP. Much or the audio hardware is shared between HMDI and DP. I haven't looked at what is required to get it working.

Comment

So where is the latest code?

git://people.freedesktop.org/~deathsimple/linux or git://people.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/linux ?
                  RBEU #1000000000 - Registered Bad English User

Comment

Originally posted by sobkas View Post
                    So where is the latest code?
                    my tree for 3.16:
                    git://people.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/linux

Comment

Working...
                    X