Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catalyst 14.4 Revised For The Witcher 2 On Linux

Phoronix: Catalyst 14.4 Revised For The Witcher 2 On Linux

A new Catalyst 14.4 Linux driver revision has been posted...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Catalyst 14.4 Revised For The Witcher 2 On Linux

A new Catalyst 14.4 Linux driver revision has been posted...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTY5ODY
    The Performance is so bad in this game i don't know how any one will fix it in any way the only way to make it playable is to use a GTX 780 TI and a i7 4770K OC @ 5GZ it needs to be removed from Steam

Comment

Originally posted by Attent?ter View Post
      The Performance is so bad in this game i don't know how any one will fix it in any way the only way to make it playable is to use a GTX 780 TI and a i7 4770K OC @ 5GZ it needs to be removed from Steam
      I hope you disabled ubersampling?

Comment

The game is completly playable with Ultra/High settings... I only disabled "UbserSampling" :

mumble-overlay does not work for me, which other app i can use to count my fps ?

Comment

In fact the performance is not good but far from THAT bad.
          It is playable quite well on an AMD A10-7850k with medium settings @fullHD, disabled bloom, blur, vsync, ubersampling, AA, textures@max

If it wouldn't take ages to get it starting and if it wouldn't crash after tutorial

Comment

Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post
            In fact the performance is not good but far from THAT bad.
            It is playable quite well on an AMD A10-7850k with medium settings @fullHD, disabled bloom, blur, vsync, ubersampling, AA, textures@max
            Very strange because i have an Intel Core I5 + Nvidia GTX770 + Nvidia 337.19 + these options in-game :

And the game runs perfectly ...

Comment

Was this the first time AMD released a driver update for a game on the Linux platform? Thats progress.

Comment

Originally posted by tmpdir View Post
                Was this the first time AMD released a driver update for a game on the Linux platform? Thats progress.
                Lol I was thinking the same thing....I was like WTF and had to read it again to make sure I was reading it right. I also bit my tounge to make sure I wasn't dreaming.
                They got the update out pretty quick also. Looks like we have a full driver team working on Linux now

Comment

I'm not sure if it's a game fix or that they managed to broke something new and they just want to share it with us asap.

Comment

Originally posted by grndzro View Post
                    Lol I was thinking the same thing....I was like WTF and had to read it again to make sure I was reading it right. I also bit my tounge to make sure I wasn't dreaming.
                    They got the update out pretty quick also. Looks like we have a full driver team working on Linux now
                    Fast? Did you forgot when closed beta of W2 had appeared on Steam? It's not like they got informed of the bug just yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                    X