No announcement yet.

"Ask ATI" dev thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will there ever come support for XV video and Textured Video for IGP cards by FGLRX???

All of us that use the RS690 chipset cannot playback video (if not at all) not with good quality.

I can only watch DVD Video fullscreen with Xine(only Xine works) and openGL driver but sometimes Xine crashes too...

Comment

i got "error: vcdk missing installation aborted"

i'm running a x2600xt on a msi 790X mobo and i installed the RadeonHD driver, or at least i thought i did, i still can't up the resolution and the display manager says its still running vesa.

i treid to install the linux drivers from amd/ati site, 8.443.1-x86.x86_64.run and i get the error message of vcdk missing installation aborted.

I'm using 7.10 (gutsy gibon?)

Comment

Originally posted by eregular13 View Post
        i'm running a x2600xt on a msi 790X mobo and i installed the RadeonHD driver, or at least i thought i did, i still can't up the resolution and the display manager says its still running vesa.

i treid to install the linux drivers from amd/ati site, 8.443.1-x86.x86_64.run and i get the error message of vcdk missing installation aborted.

I'm using 7.10 (gutsy gibon?)
        eregular, please create a new thread for your problem. This thread is just asking about ATI/AMD general questions and not seeking technical support.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

sry and done

PEACE homies

Comment

I wonder how the answers to the questions so far will go, and i am interested in various media questions..

1) when will WideScreen support for 1680x1050, 1900x1200, and etc, appear in the amdccle and on the xrandr for the fglrx driver?

2) When will the information about accessing the gpu fan and temperatures appear?

3) when will fglrx have GLX fixed for multiple monitors be fixed( broken since 8.41.x, and usable in 8.40 )

4) when will the driver completely support all posible options of aiglx, namely the errors that appear when it is enabled.

5) when will alpha blending appear as implemented in linuxmce.

Comment

when will I be able to run two monitors in dual-head mode (--dtop=horizontal switch) that:

a) have working GLX on either monitor (both would be nice, but I could live with one), and

b) doesn't fill my Xorg.0.log with a billion errors of:
              Code:
              (EE) fglrx(1): [DRI] Unlocking inconsistency:
                      Context 136430108 trying to unlock lock held by context 2
              (EE) fglrx(1): [DRI] Locking deadlock.
                      Already locked with context 136430108,
                      trying to lock with context 2.
              And more to the point, do you even know about this problem? I've posted bug reports and sent support mails, but they both seem to be getting ignored...

Comment

When will fglrx provide video capture/input support for your All-in-Wonder and VIVO cards?

Comment

1) When will AMD stop falsly claiming they support Linux with the ATI drivers?

2) Will the drivers ever be as good as those for OSX or Windows?

3) When will AMD start the refund program to get my money back for thier faulty products?

Comment

Will Crossfire support be implemented this year ?
                    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
                    Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

Originally posted by DarkFoss View Post
                      Will Crossfire support be implemented this year ?
                      maybe it's better to have a fully working accelerated driver before doing that. it wouldn't be very useful to have 2 boards connected if the single one wouldn't be able to work perfectly.... and it wouldn't also be so easy to implement.

Comment

Working...
                      X