No announcement yet.

"Ask ATI" dev thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it works, when installed correctly, and when you never installed the driver without using the ebuilds.

edit: proof. amdcccle, amd64, gentoo:
    Last edited by energyman; 15 May 2009, 07:10 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by energyman View Post
      it works, when installed correctly, and when you never installed the driver without using the ebuilds.

http://omploader.org/vMW9ldw
      You have a 3870 and you are running an older kernel. I have a 4870X2 and Fedora 11 has kernel 2.6.29 i think...

k thx buh bye

Anyway, does the 9.5 driver work better?

Comment

http://omploader.org/vMW9ldw
        Oh, it's not just me? amdcccle really looks like a Motif app from the 80's for everyone?

Comment

• You people drove me back to windows... i can't believe how negative and rude you guys ALWAYS are. I rarely had any troubles worth worrying over. Video tears a little? Oh well, I can still see it well enough. Wine is slow? Oh hey, turned off some of the 3d effects that didn't add much to the game and it was fine. Compiz doesn't work right? I'll wait until compiz fixes the problem, because it is NOT Ati's fault or problem.

Ati is providing you drivers as a... you know what, it isn't worth it. You won't listen. Heck, you will still likely try to respond to me, even though I am about to tell you that I am deleting my account. Have fun with your negative attitudes, I'm going to go have fun and be happy with friends.

Comment

• oh look I am using 2.6.29.3 now!
            and amdcccle still works.

Comment

oh look I am using 2.6.29.3 now!
              and amdcccle still works.
              I had been tired for my previous post - never heard of anyone with the same problem as I managing to fix it. It was always unresolved in the gentoo forums.
              I'm not doubting that it does indeed work on gentoo 64bit, I just can't figure out why it's affecting me, or has affected others. As a result, I can't say that everything has worked for me from ati - though I can say the actual drivers run just fine (and I'm even using 2.6.29).
              Last edited by mirv; 20 May 2009, 04:12 PM.

Comment

• as I wrote before I suspect some dangling symlink or old file somewhere. amdcccle is a little bit sensitive about such a disturbance.

Comment

• yes, and I checked all of that, as I also wrote before. I had checked all that when the gentoo issue arose. Everything is linked fine, there are no errors in dmesg or any x log. Tried rewriting my xorg.conf, tried lots of things.
                  I personally think something is compiled with, or without, a certain use flag, and that's causing the issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by wfeltmate View Post
                    You people drove me back to windows... i can't believe how negative and rude you guys ALWAYS are. I rarely had any troubles worth worrying over. Video tears a little? Oh well, I can still see it well enough. Wine is slow? Oh hey, turned off some of the 3d effects that didn't add much to the game and it was fine. Compiz doesn't work right? I'll wait until compiz fixes the problem, because it is NOT Ati's fault or problem.

Ati is providing you drivers as a... you know what, it isn't worth it. You won't listen. Heck, you will still likely try to respond to me, even though I am about to tell you that I am deleting my account. Have fun with your negative attitudes, I'm going to go have fun and be happy with friends.
                    I know exactly how you feel. Windows is currently superior for gaming, but you wont get that through the thick heads of most linux gurus. I have been trying to make some see this point on this forum and others and always get the same attitude. sigh

Comment

• Originally posted by mirv View Post
                      yes, and I checked all of that, as I also wrote before. I had checked all that when the gentoo issue arose. Everything is linked fine, there are no errors in dmesg or any x log. Tried rewriting my xorg.conf, tried lots of things.
                      I personally think something is compiled with, or without, a certain use flag, and that's causing the issues.
                      I can send you my make.conf and xorg.conf if you want to compare.

Comment

Working...
                      X