Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the GL memory leak bug affect X1600 mobility GPU's?

If it doesn't I'll install this driver and give it a go but if it does there is no point fucking around doing it. I'll stick with whatever the default for gutsy.

Comment

For your purpose you really don't need a dedicated gfx card...
      well no turning back now. i don't earn enough to waste my money on a new pc every couple of months.

Comment

but unfortunately we are still wasting time and money waiting for ATI

Comment

In this and previous release I have problem with cursor in my FC6. When I'm switching desktops sometimes cursor is changing to some random area of gray colors. Switching desktops back or just moving around screen so cursor can change its shape at the edges of windows corrects this problem. I wonder if its driver, configuration or KDE related problem. HWCursor option in confing is not solving problem. Any ideas?
          Last edited by peper; 22 November 2007, 05:10 AM.

Comment

i am pissed..
            I bought laptop with ATI HD2600 after reading articles on this site about new driver HOPE.

I will never do same mistake again. I'm stuck with ATI now cause i cannot remove it from laptop.

What i can only say i was totaly screw ..

Thank you ATI developer.

Comment

Originally posted by peper View Post
              In this and previous release I have problem with cursor in my FC6. When I'm switching desktops sometimes cursor is changing to some random area of gray colors. Switching desktops back or just moving around screen so cursor can change its shape at the edges of windows corrects this problem. I wonder if its driver, configuration or KDE related problem. HWCursor option in confing is not solving problem. Any ideas?
              Hmpf, I thought they corrected that corruption thing.
              Try: Option "XAANoOffscreenPixmaps" "true"
              in your xorg.conf.

Comment

Happier with it

Acer Travelmate 4402WLMi laptop with ATI Radeon Mobility X700

With 8.42.3 I had the problem with video tearing/corruption when trying to use the hardware overlay (while Compiz was enabled)... and actually I recently was unable to play any video files at all even with Compiz disabled (not sure why).

Upgrading to this release
                -Video playback works with Compiz enabled or disabled
                -With compiz enabled, some flicker in video playback when NOT in full screen... when in full screen video plays fine with tolerable amount of tearing
                -Scrolling in Firefox still a bit slow. In Firefox 3.0b1 it is tolerable, compared to Firefox 2

Overall I'm happier with this release - it has been an improvement, at least for me. I much prefer the look/feel of the desktop with being able to use Compiz - all of the fonts appear crisper to me and menus are more responsive, so this is important to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Berniyh View Post
                  Hmpf, I thought they corrected that corruption thing.
                  Try: Option "XAANoOffscreenPixmaps" "true"
                  in your xorg.conf.
                  Hi,
                  Thanks, this option solved problem, altho fglrx kernel module is crashing but working

Code:
                  BUG: sleeping function called from invalid context at include/asm/semaphore.h:105
                  in_atomic():1, irqs_disabled():0

Call Trace:
                   [<ffffffff8813907c>] :fglrx:__ke_down_struct_sem+0x26/0x3c
                   [<ffffffff8813de08>] :fglrx:firegl_remove_all_drawables+0x38/0xf0
                   [<ffffffff881438ed>] :fglrx:firegl_takedown+0x6d/0xc10
                   [<ffffffff88143164>] :fglrx:firegl_release+0x104/0x150
                   [<ffffffff80290b01>] __fput+0xbd/0x18d
                   [<ffffffff8028e35c>] filp_close+0x5d/0x65
                   [<ffffffff8028f41a>] sys_close+0x93/0xd7
                   [<ffffffff80209c4e>] system_call+0x7e/0x83

[fglrx] PCIe has already been initialized. Reinitializing ...
                  BUG: sleeping function called from invalid context at include/asm/semaphore.h:105
                  in_atomic():1, irqs_disabled():0

Call Trace:
                   [<ffffffff8813907c>] :fglrx:__ke_down_struct_sem+0x26/0x3c
                   [<ffffffff8813de08>] :fglrx:firegl_remove_all_drawables+0x38/0xf0
                   [<ffffffff881438ed>] :fglrx:firegl_takedown+0x6d/0xc10
                   [<ffffffff88143164>] :fglrx:firegl_release+0x104/0x150
                   [<ffffffff80290b01>] __fput+0xbd/0x18d
                   [<ffffffff8028e35c>] filp_close+0x5d/0x65
                   [<ffffffff8028f41a>] sys_close+0x93/0xd7
                   [<ffffffff80209c4e>] system_call+0x7e/0x83

[fglrx] GART Table is not in FRAME_BUFFER range
                  [fglrx] Reserve Block - 0 offset =  0X7ffb000 length = 0X5000
                  [fglrx] Reserve Block - 1 offset =  0X0 length = 0X1000000
                  hda-intel: Invalid position buffer, using LPIB read method instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghnuberath View Post
                    Someone else please confirm my SLUB/8.43 findings.
                    Or deny - that would be nice.
                    Same story here. Was really eager to install this, then big disappointment.

I wonder if it'd work if Gutsy actually had a 2.6.23 kernel. Maybe fglrx just checks for the kernel version and not for SLUB/SLAB and thus gets it wrong (IIRC a 2.6.22 kernel is not "supposed" to use SLUB)

Comment

Originally posted by diverse_izzue View Post
                      Same story here. Was really eager to install this, then big disappointment.

I wonder if it'd work if Gutsy actually had a 2.6.23 kernel. Maybe fglrx just checks for the kernel version and not for SLUB/SLAB and thus gets it wrong (IIRC a 2.6.22 kernel is not "supposed" to use SLUB)
                      too bad, all I was waiting for was working suspend/hibernate...so good bye ati, thanks God I can replace video card in my laptop and I have spare nVidia 6400

Dell 6400 users, if you have ati x1300 or x1400 then you can get used nVidia 6400 on eBay for 40 bucks and replace video card in 20 minutes, why suffer using ati?

Comment

Working...
                      X