Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD Catalyst 7.11 Linux Driver

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #71
    Originally posted by karolbe View Post
    too bad, all I was waiting for was working suspend/hibernate...so good bye ati, thanks God I can replace video card in my laptop and I have spare nVidia 6400

    Dell 6400 users, if you have ati x1300 or x1400 then you can get used nVidia 6400 on eBay for 40 bucks and replace video card in 20 minutes, why suffer using ati?
    I wish I could do that on my Acer Travelmate 8103 .

    Comment


    • #72
      interestingly enough the issue related to CRT monitors that showed up in 8.42.3 is no longer an issue in this release.

      Comment


      • #73
        What are they doing over there? I thought they would at least fix some bugs, but no: The "bus error" is back, and as such I can't start any OpenGL application with this driver.....

        Comment


        • #74
          Originally posted by SledgeHammer_999 View Post
          I just installed 7.11 and thank god I have tv-out again on my X1800XL. But I have something to say: ATI Catalyst Control Center is absolutely USELESS. I used it to to change the position and size of the TV-OUT image and it worked like in Windows. But when I restarted X every change was lost. I had to use aticonfig(bliah).
          Had the same issue in Ubuntu Gutsy 7.10/x64 ... had to go to System -> Screen Resolution and click the 'Make this default' box after the change. Don't know if this is some gnome tweak or what's going on under the covers, but it worked for me.

          Also, aticonfig never worked right for me after login, so maybe it's a different issue.

          Comment


          • #75
            Originally posted by gmplague View Post
            Had the same issue in Ubuntu Gutsy 7.10/x64 ... had to go to System -> Screen Resolution and click the 'Make this default' box after the change. Don't know if this is some gnome tweak or what's going on under the covers, but it worked for me.

            Also, aticonfig never worked right for me after login, so maybe it's a different issue.
            I also have gutsy amd64 installed. But now I can't test your method(because I am bored and I don't want to have a nervous breakdown).

            I think that Catalyst Center should write everything in x.org file like aticonfig. Otherwise what's the point of using Catalyst Center???

            Comment


            • #76
              one proof more that ati is making fun of us

              Comment


              • #77
                Does anyone know of Debian Sid specific installation instructions for 7.11?

                Comment


                • #78
                  Very easy, just execute my script:

                  http://kanotix.com/files/install-fglrx-debian.sh

                  Comment


                  • #79
                    we have suggested amd to fire fglrx dev, now what?

                    they came up with the cheap idea, renaming fglrx.

                    AMD treats customers as brainless.

                    Please, AMD, we asked for firing of fglrx developers. Cheap tricks won't do it.

                    Anyway, I have to make the decision, when to open my ati based laptop, take out the ati card, and burn it.

                    May there be justice!

                    Originally posted by mile View Post
                    one proof more that ati is making fun of us

                    Comment


                    • #80
                      Originally posted by butdie View Post
                      Anyway, I have to make the decision, when to open my ati based laptop, take out the ati card, and burn it.
                      Make sure you burn the whole thing, because unless you've got a mxm slot (which as far as I know maybe about 10 notebooks out there have ) it will be useless without it.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X