AMD Kabini HD 8210: RadeonSI Gallium3D Can Outperform Catalyst

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by verde View Post
    I did try to disable HyperZ and it didn't help. In my case it is true. I've tried many games and the result rarely was acceptable. In Unigine benchmarks like Tropics, there are basic textures missing and flickering is everywhere on shadows.. I can record a video to show you an example.
    I'm believing you and am hoping your issues get sorted out soon.

Comment

Originally posted by verde View Post
      I did try to disable HyperZ and it didn't help. In my case it is true. I've tried many games and the result rarely was acceptable. In Unigine benchmarks like Tropics, there are basic textures missing and flickering is everywhere on shadows.. I can record a video to show you an example.
      Check if you have installed
      libtxc_dxtn-32bit
      library... It did the job for me fixing missing textures in Tropics and Sanctuary... 32 bit lib is not installed by default in 64 bit distros

Comment

Originally posted by djdoo View Post
        Check if you have installed library... It did the job for me fixing missing textures in Tropics and Sanctuary... 32 bit lib is not installed by default in 64 bit distros
        Yea, that might be it. It might even solve his other problems. I completely forgot about that. :/ We need clarification about the patents involvolved, this has to be included into mesa!

Comment

Besides s3tc he needed floating-point texture support builded in mesa, both are patent problematic and not shiped in "normal" distros .

@verde

Just make sure you have these and then run Unigines

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
            Besides s3tc he needed floating-point texture support builded in mesa, both are patent problematic and not shiped in "normal" distros .
            I wonder why Intel has no problem enabling floating-point while AMD has: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...tem&px=MTI3OTY

All this patent problems seem to hang here since around 2011, so 3 years! And the last info I could find was that people aren't even sure the s3tc patent is valid or who owns it atm (HTC or AMD) so... well... something has to be done about this.

Could somebody from AMD (I'm looking into your direction bridgman) please share some insights on this?

Comment

Originally posted by TAXI View Post
              I wonder why Intel has no problem enabling floating-point while AMD has: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...tem&px=MTI3OTY

All this patent problems seem to hang here since around 2011, so 3 years! And the last info I could find was that people aren't even sure the s3tc patent is valid or who owns it atm (HTC or AMD) so... well... something has to be done about this.

Could somebody from AMD (I'm looking into your direction bridgman) please share some insights on this?
              3 years? S3TC has been around since 1997 ("S3" – created for Savage 3D cards), so that's 17 years. And the current holder is indeed HTC.

Comment

So OK we can just wait for 3 years more and s3tc issue will be resolved .

Comment

*bridgman hides his face and looks at the nice folks who took over the open source graphics and IP areas from him
                  Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                    3 years? S3TC has been around since 1997 ("S3" – created for Savage 3D cards), so that's 17 years. And the current holder is indeed HTC.
                    I was talking about blocking this features in Mesa cause of patents, not how long the pantents itself existed (and this info was just from a quick google search). Anyway, do you have a prove that it's really HTC? I'm asking cause of http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showt...703#post239703

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                    *bridgman hides his face and looks at the nice folks who took over the open source graphics and IP areas from him
                    I'm not sure if I understand you correctly: Does that mean you aren't allowed to talk about that or that you're the wrong one to talk to? I guess it means the second but then the question is who are these nice folks (are they active here on phoronix, too) ?

Comment

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly: Does that mean you aren't allowed to talk about that or that you're the wrong one to talk to? I guess it means the second but then the question is who are these nice folks (are they active here on phoronix, too) ?
                      I believe that Tim Writer took over the OSS driver team and that bridgman is now working on HSA and related projects. That being said, I don't work for AMD, and I've only had 1/2 a cup of coffee this morning.

Comment

Working...
                      X