No announcement yet.

AMD Kabini HD 8210: RadeonSI Gallium3D Can Outperform Catalyst

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E1-2100 Combo is current back on sale for $32.50 at NewEgg.

I just picked one up!

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
      Learn to read (he did use the Catalyst 14.1 Beta) and stop wasting everyone's time.
      Considering his configuration shows Catalyst fglrx 13.35.5 perhaps I'm confused as to how that matches up with 14.1 Catalyst.

OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix Test Suite, Linux benchmarking, automated benchmarking, benchmarking results, benchmarking repository, open source benchmarking, benchmarking test profiles

Comment

Originally posted by verde View Post
        OK it may outperform Catalyst but what about image quality impact?

In my personal experience with Mesa, glitches are everywhere in most games and especially on Steam proprietary games.

For example in my HTPC with RV630, Wargame European Escalation is unplayable due to heavy glitches and flickering.
        https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=73739
        I've got some glitches in Dota 2 with mesa 10.2 and kernel 3.13.3, but everything I own is playable. And since performance is good and resume from suspend works properly, no catalyst for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Baconmon View Post
          oh good, I bought a new laptop recently that uses kabini A4-5000 APU with HD 8330 graphics thing integrated.. Hopefully I will see these gains in graphics performance some year when it finally hits debian testing branch..
          Run Fedora or another bleeding edge distro. Yeah glitches from time to time but at least you don't wait years for drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by molecule-eye View Post
            I've got some glitches in Dota 2 with mesa 10.2 and kernel 3.13.3, but everything I own is playable. And since performance is good and resume from suspend works properly, no catalyst for me.
            r600 isn't the best supported, r700 either. And those old RVxxx cards seem to have a bunch of driver workarounds that are required, so I'm not surprised he's seeing a few issues.

The drivers are pretty solid for Evergreen+ though.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
              Considering his configuration shows Catalyst fglrx 13.35.5 perhaps I'm confused as to how that matches up with 14.1 Catalyst.

http://openbenchmarking.org/s/fglrx%2013.35.5
              fglrx 13.35.5 is Catalyst 14.1 Beta... at least it was for me when I installed it.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
                The drivers are pretty solid for Evergreen+ though.
                The problem is that Evergreen is supported by fglrx. Previous generations are not. So users with 4000 series and previous, are forced to use the FOSS drivers and live with the features missing and most of all with bugs and glitches/flickering in many games.

That means you cant play games anymore..

I am very tired, I will change my hardware to nvidia.

Comment

Originally posted by verde View Post
                  The problem is that Evergreen is supported by fglrx. Previous generations are not. So users with 4000 series and previous, are forced to use the FOSS drivers and live with the features missing and most of all with bugs and glitches/flickering in many games.

That means you cant play games anymore..
                  This is simply not true. r600g is at OpenGL 3.3 now with 4.x in the workings. Are there any games that use OpenGL > 3.3 ? glitches/flickering are more common on fglrx, of course both drivers have different bugs and I'm not saying that you lie when you say it has problems for you but others have none at all (me for example).

BTW: Did you try it without hyperZ?

//EDIT: Also try newest mesa git, this might be related to https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=71870
                  Last edited by V10lator; 23 February 2014, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Was DPM turned on or off for this series of tests?

Because it is pretty goddamn annoying when there is no consistency in testing like that. (The 7850K review)

Comment

Originally posted by TAXI View Post
                      This is simply not true. r600g is at OpenGL 3.3 now with 4.x in the workings. Are there any games that use OpenGL > 3.3 ? glitches/flickering are more common on fglrx, of course both drivers have different bugs and I'm not saying that you lie when you say it has problems for you but others have none at all (me for example).

BTW: Did you try it without hyperZ?

//EDIT: Also try newest mesa git, this might be related to https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=71870
                      I did try to disable HyperZ and it didn't help. In my case it is true. I've tried many games and the result rarely was acceptable. In Unigine benchmarks like Tropics, there are basic textures missing and flickering is everywhere on shadows.. I can record a video to show you an example.

Comment

Working...
                      X