Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bnolsen
    replied
    also waiting for actual 4k30hz support for desktop.

Leave a comment:

• Adarion
    replied
    I guess my Kabini notebook is coming closer. Really close.

Leave a comment:

• tomtomme
    replied
    Originally posted by Rakot View Post
    radeonsi looks more and more appealing. The only missing part is the proper support of runpm on my laptop.
    - and (hybrid) crossfire support
    - linux mantle support
    - OpenGL 4.4
    - for the R series true audio support (does someone know if this is planned / work in progress?)
    - official SteamOS support replacing catalyst!
    - a bit more optimization / performance

and a nice gui (extending radeonprofile) with:
    - overclocking / fan control
    - different game profiles
    - 75 hz support (but I think thats up to mesa or the KDE monitor config tool)
    - full color / video settings
    - what did I forget?

wishful thinking ... however... so far so GOOOD guys! Keep it going! Big thanks to the Devs out there!
    Last edited by tomtomme; 31 January 2014, 03:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Rakot
    replied
    radeonsi looks more and more appealing. The only missing part is the proper support of runpm on my laptop.

Leave a comment:

• darkbasic
    replied
    It doesn't work with mesa 9.2.5. Does it work for you with:

EnableLinuxHWVideoDecode=1
    OverrideGPUValidation=1

in /etc/adobe/mms.cfg?

Leave a comment:

• zman0900
    replied
    52 fps? Is that the expected performance, or is there still room for improvement? Considering that won't be enough for 1080p60, but I have no idea if the closed source drivers could do that either.

Leave a comment:

• darkbasic
    replied
    Yes, but UVD used to freeze the system for a few seconds with 3.13 for me so I suggest you to use 3.14. Here you can see what I'm talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDhB61U9S0A

I backported latest graphic stack to 3.13 if you are interested: http://www.linuxsystems.it/linux-drm...ack-backports/

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    Is this mini patch enough to fix kernel 3.13 as well?

Leave a comment:

• darkbasic
    replied
    Originally posted by agd5f View Post
    Are you sure it isn't a flash issue? Flash crashes pretty regularly for me even when I'm not using it for video. If not, can you bisect mesa? File a bug and attach the backtrace from the crash.
    If I disable hardware acceleration in mms.cfg it doesn't crash. I will try with mesa 9.2.5 and let you know.

Leave a comment:

• agd5f
    replied
    Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
    P.S.
    Flash player hardware acceleration doesn't work anymore since one/two months: flash player crashes 90% of the times when you start a video. Is it a known regression?
    Are you sure it isn't a flash issue? Flash crashes pretty regularly for me even when I'm not using it for video. If not, can you bisect mesa? File a bug and attach the backtrace from the crash.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X