Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HokTar View Post
    Rakot has already posted all the answers to your questions in #17:
    No he hasn't. In fact, that's the post i was referring to.

Is Michael Danzer's radeonsi code referenced there public, or not? That's my question.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

Is Michael Danzer's radeonsi code referenced there public, or not? That's my question.
      It will be available when he's feels the code is ready for a wider audience.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

Ah, you didn't mention you were only interested in radeonsi...

Comment

So to me it seems like development slowed done since the dpm and uvd push. More precisely:
          - Marek has almost fewer mesa commits than in his worst exam period.
          The commit count doesn't really tell much about somebody's performance. The only thing you can tell from that is "the guy is doing something". It's generally easier to make a lot of commits when a driver is incomplete and buggy, which is no longer the case even with radeonsi. I also used to pick the easy tasks first and I'm afraid there are really not many of them left.

Comment

Originally posted by marek View Post
            The commit count doesn't really tell much about somebody's performance. The only thing you can tell from that is "the guy is doing something". It's generally easier to make a lot of commits when a driver is incomplete and buggy, which is no longer the case even with radeonsi. I also used to pick the easy tasks first and I'm afraid there are really not many of them left.
            This was also one of my possible conclusions:

Or maybe he is just working on more complicated stuff that needs more time. Clearly, I can't tell from the outside and this is why I asked. Please do _not_ misinterpret this, I am merely curious.
            As mentioned earlier: please do not be offended! I love and appreciate your work!
            I merely wanted to clarify why your activity decreased. (BTW, same seemed to be true to Christian, too.)

Please keep the great stuff coming and have fun at it!

Comment

One part of the reason there are less commits for the radeonsi Mesa driver is that it's our first driver which has its shader backend officially in LLVM, and more time spent with LLVM means less time spent with Mesa.

Comment

Working...
              X