Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whitecat View Post
    @agd5f

I have a RV770 card that fails the radeon.test=1 mode at boot. What does that mean? My card is down or a bug ?

The error is:
    [drm:radeon_do_test_moves] *ERROR* Failed to create GTT object 0
    Error while testing BO move.
    You can ignore that. It's just a memory allocation failure. I think the test code needs to be updated to take into account some additional allocations the driver makes before the test is run.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonzest View Post
      Works fine here (few teething troubles at first before it because stable) On my turks card
      Yeah, DPM works just fine on 3 of my 4 radeon-based systems (Llano A6, Radeon 7850, Radeon 5400, Radeon 6850). It's just the 6850 that has issues. It's not my primary system anyway, so it's not a huge issue for me to lose DPM, but I'm sure that other people feel differently.

Comment

Hopefully dpm will stop switching power states like mad while watching videos using UVD on HD 7950
        ## VGA ##
        AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
        Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
          You can ignore that. It's just a memory allocation failure. I think the test code needs to be updated to take into account some additional allocations the driver makes before the test is run.
          Ok ! Thx

Comment

I have a Laptop with Hybrid Graphics, Intel HD 3000 and Radeon HD 6470M (CAICOS), and I haven't yet noticed any problems. Even the new "on demand" power-on/off feature seems to work flawlessly as well as UVD (through DRI_PRIME). But well, there's still radeon.dpm=1 ...

Although, there was an anoying bug with pci hotplug module which broke dpm in every possible way but that's fixed in latest kernels :/

Comment

Originally posted by Veerappan View Post
              Yeah, DPM works just fine on 3 of my 4 radeon-based systems (Llano A6, Radeon 7850, Radeon 5400, Radeon 6850). It's just the 6850 that has issues. It's not my primary system anyway, so it's not a huge issue for me to lose DPM, but I'm sure that other people feel differently.
              What kind of trouble do you get with the 6850?? I have the same and haven't noticed anything weird.

One thing i get lately is inverted colour after wakeup from blanking but i have no idea where this comes from since it doesn't happen all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
                What kind of trouble do you get with the 6850?? I have the same and haven't noticed anything weird.

One thing i get lately is inverted colour after wakeup from blanking but i have no idea where this comes from since it doesn't happen all the time.
                I get to choose my kernel in grub, and a second or so into the boot process my screen goes black and the monitor claims there's no signal.

See the following for more info. It's not my bug, but it matches my symptoms:
                https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=73053

Comment

I have an ATI3870(r670) gpu and dpm shows some weird behaviour. It sometimes leads to black screen on boot, it sometimes works fine. I just throw a coin every time and cross fingers...

PS: Kernel 3.12.7, Mesa 10.0.2, latest Xorg, ArchLinux.

Comment

Originally posted by Veerappan View Post
                    I get to choose my kernel in grub, and a second or so into the boot process my screen goes black and the monitor claims there's no signal.

See the following for more info. It's not my bug, but it matches my symptoms:
                    https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=73053
                    Honestly i never had that happen. If i solve the colour thing my 6850 will be perfect (period).

Comment

Working...
                    X