Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More AMD Radeon DRM Changes For Linux 3.14

Phoronix: More AMD Radeon DRM Changes For Linux 3.14

Alex Deucher has sent in another pull request for the Radeon DRM graphics driver for ultimately merging into the Linux 3.14 kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Can DPM support for BARTS be manually enabled on that kernel? I use it since early versions of 3.11 for my HD6870 and have no problems at all with it, so I don't see why I should disable it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vim_User View Post
      Can DPM support for BARTS be manually enabled on that kernel?
      yes

(ten chars)

Comment

Can DPM support for BARTS be manually enabled on that kernel? I use it since early versions of 3.11 for my HD6870 and have no problems at all with it, so I don't see why I should disable it.
        I suppose radeon.dpm=1 will still work...

Comment

I'm just glad that it's off by default for BARTS. I've got one of the affected cards (at least with 3.13rc7). With radeon.dpm=1, all I get is a black screen on boot.

I'll have to try drm-next and see if any of Alex's patches fix things.

Comment

It's working fine on all the BTC parts I have as well, but there are quite a few reports of stability problems on certain boards. You can still manually enable it by adding radeon.dpm=1 to the kernel command line in grub until we sort out what the problem is on those boards and re-enable it by default.

Comment

Works fine here (few teething troubles at first before it because stable) On my turks card

Comment

RV770 is really annoying with dpm anyway.
                I got two RV770 (one ASUS and another one Sapphire), both have screen flicker problem (like https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=73067 ).

But sometime there is no screen flicker... it's boot dependant. If it flicks, I can try reboot to fix it. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

Comment

@agd5f

I have a RV770 card that fails the radeon.test=1 mode at boot. What does that mean? My card is down or a bug ?

The error is:
                  [drm:radeon_do_test_moves] *ERROR* Failed to create GTT object 0
                  Error while testing BO move.
                  Last edited by whitecat; 16 January 2014, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
                    It's working fine on all the BTC parts I have as well, but there are quite a few reports of stability problems on certain boards. You can still manually enable it by adding radeon.dpm=1 to the kernel command line in grub until we sort out what the problem is on those boards and re-enable it by default.
                    Thanks, I have radeon.dpm=1 set as default option in my lilo.conf anyways, so I don't even have to change something.

Comment

Working...
                    X