Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Will Post A New Catalyst Linux Driver Today

Phoronix: AMD Will Post A New Catalyst Linux Driver Today

For those Linux users that may have their hands on AMD Kaveri APUs early or are just looking for a new Catalyst Linux driver in hopes of new bug-fixes, AMD will release today their "AMD 4th Generation APU launch driver" to the public...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Broken Unigine means nothing. It was already really bad with 13.11 Beta 9.95, because AMD fixed the input lag and a workaround in the Unigine Benchmarks is causing problems. That's what I have been seeing.

Comment

AMD told german news-site ComputerBase.de:

"We will provide an updated driver (13.35) [...] in the very near future [...]"

We will see if today's driver is already 13.35 or the 13.30 Michael got.

Comment

They are just waiting for 13.37 to finally add all the magic patches and to bring the quality and performance to the NVIDIA level.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
          AMD told german news-site ComputerBase.de:

"We will provide an updated driver (13.35) [...] in the very near future [...]"

We will see if today's driver is already 13.35 or the 13.30 Michael got.
          13.35 is about providing crypto-currency performance improvements... I see a Windows 13.35 driver on their private server but the only thing on the Linux side is a 13.30 RC2.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Now the #1 enhancement on my wish list for catalyst is compatibility with xorg 1.15

it should not be really hard to do.

Comment

Originally posted by lano1106 View Post
              Now the #1 enhancement on my wish list for catalyst is compatibility with xorg 1.15

it should not be really hard to do.
              +1 (stupid character limit)
              ## VGA ##
              AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
              Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Michael, has your R9 290 seen any improvement with latest Catalyst releases?

Comment

So, did they updated Backdoor?

Comment

Working...
                  X