Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What benchmarks should I run for xf86-video-ati vs xf86-video-glamor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What benchmarks should I run for xf86-video-ati vs xf86-video-glamor?

I'm wondering what benchmarks I can run to test the performance of xf86-video-ati and xf86-video-glamor

What is xf86-video-glamor?

Comment

Possibly the OP meant xf86-video-ati with EXA vs. glamor. One interesting benchmark suite would be cairo-traces.

After checking on the progress of Glamor for Intel chipsets, it is time to have a look and see what the state of play is for a Radeon HD5770. This card is now a few years old and is sitting in a Sa…

Comment

I know what he was trying to say, but there is no "vs" between those ati (the video driver) and glamor(the acceleration type).

EXA and glamor, thats another story, albeit they are about the same speed on my computer (using the r600 driver). I think that glamor is more stable though with the newer mesa versions.
        One tool to measure the draw speed of gtk elements is gtkperf but that fails lamentably on the line drawing using glamor (i havent seen any speed reduction anywhere in real life though). Also on r600 and glamor there are a few rendering artifacts such as transparent GTK2 tray icons on Xfce.

Comment

Working...
        X