No announcement yet.

Ok, it's November. Where's 8.43?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there is ZERO hype around next release....

i think this month will be the end of my respect to _ATI_/_AMD_.

maybe they should just give away full specs and wait for WE DESPERATED USERS to do their JOB.

I'm pretty sure that we will do it FASTER and BETTER.

sorry my fracking english...
    Last edited by enzobelmont; 16 November 2007, 02:24 AM.

Comment

By the way - does 8.42 work any better with XGL than 8.40 did?

Comment

Originally posted by enzobelmont View Post
        there is ZERO hype around next release....

i think this month will be the end of my respect to _ATI_/_AMD_.

maybe they should just give away full specs and wait for WE DESPERATED USERS to do their JOB.

I'm pretty sure that we will do it FASTER and BETTER.

sorry my fracking english...
        Hype and what you get are two different things you know. I don't mind if there's no hype as long as there is features and fixes in the upcoming release.

Respect is earned too, and ATI w/ regards to linux doesn't have it quite yet. It's a bit different on the Windows side tho for me.

...and you can contribute already you know. Hit up the radeonhd mailing list and offer to help a bit. Just because the full specs aren't there doesn't mean development can't start ^^

Rawr.

Greg: I haven't tried XGL under 8.42 so I can't provide a response to that -_-

Comment

Originally posted by Uchikoma View Post
          Hype and what you get are two different things you know. I don't mind if there's no hype as long as there is features and fixes in the upcoming release.

Respect is earned too, and ATI w/ regards to linux doesn't have it quite yet. It's a bit different on the Windows side tho for me.

...and you can contribute already you know. Hit up the radeonhd mailing list and offer to help a bit. Just because the full specs aren't there doesn't mean development can't start ^^

Rawr.

Greg: I haven't tried XGL under 8.42 so I can't provide a response to that -_-
          when i say hype i'm talking about all expectation generated around driver releases (do you remember "the baby is born"), and what we got?... just a _crappy_ driver, i hope so much this release (next one 8.43) to be stable and faster.

about respect: how can i respect a manufacturer that sells hardware without a decent driver? would you buy a new car with no wheels?, (or squared ones) i don't think so, unfortunately we (laptop users) can't change display adapters as easily as desktop users.

developement started a long time ago, radeonhd team deserves a lot of credit, developing a driver using reverse engineering [agh! sorry my english] is a hard challenge. I hope AMD_ releases complete specs soon, really i would love it.

dont take me wrong, I would love to see an efficient driver released every month (including gradual improvements) from _ATI_ , but every month we receive a disappointment.

sorry my really _crappy_ english...
          Last edited by enzobelmont; 16 November 2007, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by enzobelmont View Post
            when i say hype i'm talking about all expectation generated around driver releases (do you remember "the baby is born"), and what we got?... just a _crappy_ driver,
            To be fair to ATI, they didn't do the hype. That was Michael/the rest of the Phoronix staff.

But, yes, if they actually communicated with us, it would be good.

Comment

Hmm I am using Linux for 6 months now... But I think I go install Windows XP again for some games.

I go remove Windows XP next year. And then install Ubuntu 8.04 witch will be OWNAGE. Then the ATI drivers will have alot of improvements and I will be happy then. And I sure hope WINE will be improved alot then to. (Maybe full DirectX 9 support???)

Comment

I hope they fix the bug that gives me green and black blocks in the bottom right corner of the screen. Its getting annoying.

Comment

the black bands at right corner

Originally posted by shaker View Post
                  I hope they fix the bug that gives me green and black blocks in the bottom right corner of the screen. Its getting annoying.
                  i get two black bads at the right corner but not always it comes at arbitrary times

but i run amdcccle and click ok they disappear.

Comment

Originally posted by shaker View Post
                    green and black blocks in the bottom right corner of the screen
                    Have you tried adding this option on your xorg.conf?

Section "Device"

Option “XAANoOffscreenPixmaps” “true”

Comment

its getting ridiculous

when is the 8.43 version getiting released

Comment

Working...
                      X