Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• metala
    replied
    I would say on 10-11th November there will be release, or maybe 19th November(RV670 release).
    Last edited by metala; 06 November 2007, 02:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mota_boy
    replied
    Okei, I`m was already thinging what the ****

Leave a comment:

• mile
    replied
    ignore posts from fredo

Leave a comment:

• Mota_boy
    replied
    So how is going to happen with ati-linux driver/s, if you where the only developer,?
    I mean real..
    Last edited by Mota_boy; 06 November 2007, 01:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• fredo
    replied
    Hi,

8.43 will not be available this month because I've just been fired by AMD and I was the only developer working on it. Sorry.

Leave a comment:

• pierluc
    replied
    What I hope to see in the release notes is this:
    - Better performance when I play to a video games with Compiz-fusion
    - An universal automatic installer for all Linux OS.
    - Add the driver on game.amd.com
    - update the installer instruction on the web site of amd with new screenshoot on new tutorial for others OS (Ubuntu, Mandriva, etc.)
    - a real tolls to check performance (benchmark)

Leave a comment:

• Malikith
    replied
    What I hope to see in the release notes is this:

8.43: In Order is highest priority to me

----
    - 3d Performance Enhancements (I get stuttering in some games now with the new driver that wasn't present in previous drivers. But if I look passed the stuttering, the driver DOES perform alot better than previous drivers, this is only in some games, they are using something that the driver is choking on.) The games I've noticed these problems in is:

- Tremulous (With cg_shadows 3 and/or lots of particles)

- Savage

Thats all I tested, xmoto worked fine. And so did Tremulous with cg_shadows 1 or 0.
    ----

- 2.6.23 kernel support

- xv fixes

- Numerous Bug Fixes (Including AIGLX Fixes and the corruption some people are having)

- Add something new for us in the control center to play with.

I predict the driver to come out on..... The 13th of November.
    Last edited by Malikith; 06 November 2007, 11:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• givemesugarr
    replied
    Can you maybe say something about when to expect this driver?
    I mean not a precise date, but something like "It will arrive at the end of the month" or it'll be here very soon or something like that.
    i think that you'll get the usual answer:
    it will arrive when it's done....

Leave a comment:

• Berniyh
    replied
    Hopefully this release brings a lot of bugfixes, like for example:
    - Switching between VTs
    - Oopses on shutdown
    - Support for SLUB
    - soname
    - Many more problems, that I actually don't have

Especially the problem with the switching between VTs has been around for several years. I really do think it is time now, to fix this once and for all.

@Michael:
    Can you maybe say something about when to expect this driver?
    I mean not a precise date, but something like "It will arrive at the end of the month" or it'll be here very soon or something like that.

Leave a comment:

• givemesugarr
    replied
    The next ATI driver release will support 2.6.23
    and
    This means that suspend/hibernation will work for Gutsy (and other distribution with 2.6.22/23 kernel).
    works fine for me with x200m. the only problem is that ati has forgotten to say that the 8.42 driver doesn't support slub but only slab.
    anyway having this support official it's a nice pleasure even if i've read that in some cases slub behaves worse than slab.

What about a big release without new features but with bugfixes around the place.
    if you look at past releases and their new features (there's an article somewhere on phoronix) you can see that once a year there's a new release with a lot of new features and then there are only bugfixes and some minor new features. i think that the new features release was the 8.42.3 and that for some time now ati will only commit bugfixes to its driver along with the new kernels and new xorg releases. any other feature is useless in my opinion. for now the driver seem to support what the users have requested and now it's the time to have it support it in a stable way, since i've read many users which are dissatisfied with stability.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X