No announcement yet.

AMD Linux 3.12 Tests With The Performance Governor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yes, I forgot about the Iris Pro tests I'd like to see too (in comparison to maybe a 4600) ... but you can hand those ones in in the morning (just to prove that I'm not all evil)

Comment

Amd cpu...

@Michael:
      An AMD CPU man please! Make our day more!! Don't forget us the Phenom II users! After all Phenom II was one of the most honest processor family ever built in the industry...

BTW I never used adblock or bull***t like that!

I tried to run PTS here on my opensuse 12.3 system cause I use kernel 3.12 rc4 and all latest Xorg and Mesa stuff from Pontostroy's repository but when loading the profile 17 gaming the warsow game download stuck!
      Also opensuse does not provide curl3 anymore and this ia32 package that PTS wanted as dependencies! I found and installed the others that asked me though...
      The PTS pankage for opensuse 12.3 is 4.2.0 latest! Why is that old? I know PTS is in version 4.8.3 now!

Comment

xonotic test with radeon hd 6850 with ondemand and perfomance. cpu is and old phenon @2500ghz

OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix Test Suite, Linux benchmarking, automated benchmarking, benchmarking results, benchmarking repository, open source benchmarking, benchmarking test profiles

Comment

It would be interesting to see a test with cpufreq completely disabled in the kernel. Many people don't need it at all, since the CPU can do the job on its own just fine, switching between different speeds depending on current load.

Comment

Misleading tests if the 3.11 results were obtained with the ondemand governor.

The least you could do since you chose to keep the 3.11 results on the same graph would be to specify that, Michael...

Comment

Originally posted by Azultra View Post
              Misleading tests if the 3.11 results were obtained with the ondemand governor.

The least you could do since you chose to keep the 3.11 results on the same graph would be to specify that, Michael...
              What. 3.11 performance governor would be exactly the same as the 3.12 performance governor, because nothing changed.

Comment

Working...
              X