Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon Audio Will Hopefully Be Great In Linux 3.13

Phoronix: Radeon Audio Will Hopefully Be Great In Linux 3.13

While there's still quite a number of weeks to go until seeing the Linux 3.13 kernel enter the development spotlight, the open-source Radeon HDMI audio support will hopefully be in great shape for those that have wanted features like HD audio pass-through for DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTQ3Njk

news like that have been floating around for a long time and I never had the courage to ask something that has been on my head for a long time, the main reason was not to be off-topic.
    I've started reading documentation for r600 for example and it seems that there are staff that I can contribute(it would take my mind away from verilog and that's a great opportunity to have different things to work on) and also there are people here from amd that can help me so I would like to ask if they can show me some pointers on how to start, from point zero the development on linux kernel and eventually on graphics drivers.
    I know that there is a tone of info out there and I've been digging in those sites for quite a while but, hey, I would like to see if there is a better path to take

Comment

Originally posted by Yorgos View Post
      news like that have been floating around for a long time and I never had the courage to ask something that has been on my head for a long time, the main reason was not to be off-topic.
      I've started reading documentation for r600 for example and it seems that there are staff that I can contribute(it would take my mind away from verilog and that's a great opportunity to have different things to work on) and also there are people here from amd that can help me so I would like to ask if they can show me some pointers on how to start, from point zero the development on linux kernel and eventually on graphics drivers.
      I know that there is a tone of info out there and I've been digging in those sites for quite a while but, hey, I would like to see if there is a better path to take
      Ask in the mailing list for any introductory projects you can take. There is/was a TODO page where you can look for stuff that need to be worked on.

Comment

Working...
      X