AMD Catalyst 13.9 Final

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leonmaxx View Post
    After I installed this driver, Ubuntu 12.04 Unity switched to 2D mode, but i can't figure out why:
    1. Xorg.0.log - no errors.
    2. OpenGL works OK (tested with glxgears).
    3. "unity_support_test -p" says all is ok.
    also check if the output of "glxinfo" shows direct rendering as yes

Comment

Originally posted by leonmaxx View Post
      After I installed this driver, Ubuntu 12.04 Unity switched to 2D mode, but i can't figure out why:
      1. Xorg.0.log - no errors.
      2. OpenGL works OK (tested with glxgears).
      3. "unity_support_test -p" says all is ok.
      its because you're using AMD graphics drivers.
      enjoy >
      Though honestly I wouldn't have a clue why thats happening.

Comment

Ubuntu 12.04, 7950

Doesn't work at all for me. In the similar way as 13.8 betas. Random corruption when X first launches, hangs and crushes. Session loading fails after login. Drivers up to 13.6 at least support 2d.

I'm tired of AMD.

Comment

same issue.
          Unity switch to 2D on Ubuntu 12.04.3

Comment

Originally posted by deri View Post
            What is the thing that changes on amd drivers/kernels that it cannot be used with newer kernels?
            It's different shit every time, and if you want a more specific answer than that, you'll probably find yourself in a debate about stable API's, burden of maintenance, etc. http://www.mjmwired.net/kernel/Docum...i_nonsense.txt

The AMD devs are so busy producing high-quality changelogs and intuitive driver version schemes that they don't have time to patch for the latest kernel.

Comment

Same as 13.8 memory leak with source games,so going back to 13.6

Comment

I hope they have solved a weird problem with one of the tessellation shaders used by the engine Im using. It works under Catalyst 13.4, but doesnt for 13.6 and 13.8 beta.

Comment

you should report those issues on somewhere? Reporting memory leaks on valve git would be a start.

Comment

you should report those issues on somewhere? Reporting memory leaks on valve git would be a start.
                    Yeah, sure, and they will pay attention to your report if you are Valve or Epic. If you are some unknown open source engine your issue will collect digital dust until somebody fixes it by mistake.

Comment

The memory leaks in Source games and xvba playback exist since 13.8 beta was first released. Im pretty sure they know about them as it affects Steam's most prevalent 3d engine. What im surprised about is that they released an official driver that has these big bugs.

Comment

Working...
                      X