X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• necro-lover
    replied
    Originally posted by necro-lover View Post
    dpkg: error /var/cache/apt/archives/libwayland-server0_1.2.1-1~r~gd_amd64.deb
    Just for the record my libwayland problem is gone.

Leave a comment:

• necro-lover
    replied
    Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
    Nice rig. But do you expect to make any money from this? I read that GPU mining is not very profitable anymore.
    Thank you for your response. And sure I unterstand this no its just a new card and bitcoin is more a hobby. And yes I do have Electricity for free.

My biggest problem right now is that oibaf PPA is broken:

dpkg: error /var/cache/apt/archives/libwayland-server0_1.2.1-1~r~gd_amd64.deb (--unpack):
    /var/cache/apt/archives/libwayland-client0_1.2.1-1~r~gd_amd64.deb
    /var/cache/apt/archives/libwayland-server0_1.2.1-1~r~gd_amd64.deb
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

also its sad that there is no working easy to install CGMINER PPA...

but maybe i get the point after i read more about it.

Leave a comment:

• AnonymousCoward
    replied
    Originally posted by necro-lover View Post
    To be honest graphik dosn't make me buy a new card but the Opensource- openCL support
    to mine bitcoins a little makes me buy a new card.
    Nice rig. But do you expect to make any money from this? I read that GPU mining is not very profitable anymore.

Warning: GPU mining is not very profitable (if at all) anymore, and even if you have free electricity, GPU rigs will likely never pay for themselves at this point!

Leave a comment:

• necro-lover
    started a topic My new passive cooled hd7850 a quick report

My new passive cooled hd7850 a quick report

Hi
    After a long time I bought a new graphic card.
    And because I like silence systems I bought the fastest passiv card with an amd chip.
    This means my system is now full passive cooled from the power suply over the CPU and GPU.
    (my cpu is a fx8350 8core)
    To be honest graphik dosn't make me buy a new card but the Opensource- openCL support
    to mine bitcoins a little makes me buy a new card.

The first start was perfect all run like on my old hd4770 card I'm on 3.12rc1 kernel and newest PPA for xorg.

Thats my pc right now... and I will write about my bitcoin experience on this system later in this thread.

Edit: the card name is: PowerColor Radeon HD 7850 SCS3, 1GB GDDR5, DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort (AX7850 1GBD5-S3DH)
    Last edited by necro-lover; 18 September 2013, 06:58 AM.
Working...
X