RadeonSI / GLAMOR Support Still M.I.A. From Ubuntu 13.10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update!

I just installed the newest stuff from Oibaf's PPA on my laptop and now both GPU's are initializing with glamor! So, problem solved? No! Now the corruption issue occurs on my laptop just as it does on my desktop (which I haven't updated yet). Could the corruption be caused by simply two glamor contexts being initialized at once? I can't test DRI_PRIME to see if it works since my terminal doesn't show text but I assume it is working since the Xorg log shows both cards as being acceleration enabled. I'll get a log from the laptop and post it here soon. So now it seems r600+r600 = corruption AND r600+radeonsi = corruption. Anyone else want to verify this?

Comment

Originally posted by CalcProgrammer1 View Post
      Update!

I just installed the newest stuff from Oibaf's PPA on my laptop and now both GPU's are initializing with glamor! So, problem solved? No! Now the corruption issue occurs on my laptop just as it does on my desktop (which I haven't updated yet). Could the corruption be caused by simply two glamor contexts being initialized at once? I can't test DRI_PRIME to see if it works since my terminal doesn't show text but I assume it is working since the Xorg log shows both cards as being acceleration enabled. I'll get a log from the laptop and post it here soon. So now it seems r600+r600 = corruption AND r600+radeonsi = corruption. Anyone else want to verify this?
      Make sure your ddx has this patch:

Comment

Originally posted by Nimbrant View Post
        Has anyone else confirmed this? I can't seem to get glamor to work. I even tried compiling it myself and X fails to start.
        I'm not sure what im doing wrong or where the correct place to submit a bug report is.
        After installing saucy on my Radeon HD 7850 computer, I saw GLAMOR being loaded, and had acceleration.

(Dota 2 was terribly slow though)

Comment

An Asus HD7850 arrived fresh in the mail today. Kubuntu 13.10 + 3.12 kernel + Oibaf ppa. Get OpenGL2.1 enabled hw acceleration. Kwin effects seem to work fine (except translucency). Games work too, though I have not tested anything in Wine or Source based games. Been watching some movies with VDPAU and that works. DPM works too, thank God, because those little fans on the DirectCU II unit really whine.

Comment

If I remove my forcing of glamor in xorg.conf.d still with the Oibaf PPA which does not have the change mentioned above, the corruption is gone. I can even use DRI_PRIME for glxgears though performance from the DRI_PRIME card is god awfully slow (even though it says it's rendering thousands of fps). If I run it on the r600 APU's GPU it runs fine but still is choppy like it's always been on EXA. If I run Steam with DRI_PRIME, it crashes trying to view any 3D stuff in TF2 (the item menu or loading a map/server) but if I run Steam without DRI_PRIME on the r600 it works perfectly fine.

Comment

Originally posted by CalcProgrammer1 View Post
              If I remove my forcing of glamor in xorg.conf.d still with the Oibaf PPA which does not have the change mentioned above, the corruption is gone. I can even use DRI_PRIME for glxgears though performance from the DRI_PRIME card is god awfully slow (even though it says it's rendering thousands of fps). If I run it on the r600 APU's GPU it runs fine but still is choppy like it's always been on EXA. If I run Steam with DRI_PRIME, it crashes trying to view any 3D stuff in TF2 (the item menu or loading a map/server) but if I run Steam without DRI_PRIME on the r600 it works perfectly fine.
              I tried it out on my APU + 7730M system and it does appear to work when not forcing glamor in xorg.conf. Anyway its definitely slower and more glitchy with the dedicated card with Prime, at least when running Unigine Heaven 3.0; which is fairly unsurprising given the immature driver, the overhead from Prime, and the card itself not being much faster than the APU.

EDIT: It's definitely running on the dedicated card as I can load Skyrim now, which uses too much VRAM at 1080p to even launch with the APU. Cool, but it's far too slow to be playable, even with CSMT. Tried gallium-nine and it's a bit faster, but still 10-15 fps and it crashed.

I'll try out that earlier mentioned patch as well.
              Last edited by AnonymousCoward; 03 November 2013, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
                I tried it out on my APU + 7730M system and it does appear to work when not forcing glamor in xorg.conf. Anyway its definitely slower and more glitchy with the dedicated card with Prime, at least when running Unigine Heaven 3.0; which is fairly unsurprising given the immature driver, the overhead from Prime, and the card itself not being much faster than the APU.

EDIT: It's definitely running on the dedicated card as I can load Skyrim now, which uses too much VRAM at 1080p to even launch with the APU. Cool, but it's far too slow to be playable, even with CSMT. Tried gallium-nine and it's a bit faster, but still 10-15 fps and it crashed.

I'll try out that earlier mentioned patch as well.
                I was already using this patch: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/dri...168b719243bcd2

Which results in a black screen with both cards using glamor.

Comment

Working...
                X