X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marazmista
    replied
    Originally posted by Melcar View Post
    Just updated to Disco Dingo and finally got around to compile the latest radeon-profile + daemon. Everything seems to work fine. Overclocking, fan control, etc. However, I have been experiencing and odd issue.
    After a while (seems random) radeon-profile sort of stops working. The overclock and fan control tabs become greyed out and the program no longer reads frequencies. At this point the fan returns to the default profile but my overclock seems to stay active. The only way to get it working again is exiting the program completely and launching it again.

Edit: Ran radeon-profile through a terminal and monitored it until it failed. All I get in the terminal is a bunch of the following entries:

Unable to open "/sys/class/drm/card0/device/hwmon/hwmon0/pwm1" to write "214"

The overclock and fan control tabs are greyed out, and so are the power profile buttons at the side. It does read the gpu frequencies and everything else, but the fan returns to its default profile.

Hi, this issue is tracked here: https://github.com/marazmista/radeon-profile/issues/123

Leave a comment:

• tomtomme
    replied

Did you try enabling the configuration option "use daemon as data provider"? I was running radeon-profile for almost the whole day like that and it did not produce errors. Will test it some more this next weekend.
    yep, that option is checked and the daemon runs fine. Its not like it crashes or something. simply restarting radeon-profile helps while I have nothing to change regarding the daemon

Leave a comment:

• Melcar
    replied
    Originally posted by tomtomme View Post

I can confirm this issue on Manjaro KDE with Ryzen+Fury X and LTS kernels 4.14 and 4.19
    Did you try enabling the configuration option "use daemon as data provider"? I was running radeon-profile for almost the whole day like that and it did not produce errors. Will test it some more this next weekend.

Leave a comment:

• tomtomme
    replied
    Just updated to Disco Dingo and finally got around to compile the latest radeon-profile + daemon. Everything seems to work fine. Overclocking, fan control, etc. However, I have been experiencing and odd issue.
    After a while (seems random) radeon-profile sort of stops working. The overclock and fan control tabs become greyed out and the program no longer reads frequencies. At this point the fan returns to the default profile but my overclock seems to stay active. The only way to get it working again is exiting the program completely and launching it again.

Edit: Ran radeon-profile through a terminal and monitored it until it failed. All I get in the terminal is a bunch of the following entries:

The overclock and fan control tabs are greyed out, and so are the power profile buttons at the side. It does read the gpu frequencies and everything else, but the fan returns to its default profile.

I can confirm this issue on Manjaro KDE with Ryzen+Fury X and LTS kernels 4.14 and 4.19

Leave a comment:

• ntropy
    replied
    Nice tool .

Benched my balanced Vega 64 on Unigine Heaven for 30 mins. Havent maxed the Vega out yet, cause its on a single rad AiO and the rad fan is pretty slow for silent operation. Suffices that way tho for me atm, in 1080p Ultra and 60 fps gaming.

Leave a comment:

• pete910
    replied
    Anyone know why Radeon-profile/ whatmanGTK ect don't work on Amd-staging kernels ?

They work fine on the stock 5.0.8 arch kernel.

Leave a comment:

• Melcar
    replied

Last edited by Melcar; 20 April 2019, 10:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BOYSSSSS
    replied
    I have a laptop with Intel Skylake HD Graphics 520 and AMD Radeon R5 M430 but it only shows the integrated Intel card.

Leave a comment:

• Melcar
    replied
    Originally posted by marazmista View Post

Do you mean overclocking via pp_od_clk_voltage file? It is already implemented (I'm working on the issue with Radeon VII though).

Maybe the ppa is outdated then. Enabling Wattman in the kernel with the boot parameter makes overclocking not work with radeon-profile. Will test it further this weekend. Will try compiling it myself.

Leave a comment:

• marazmista
    replied
    Any chance this will get updated to work with wattman? You can do the regular percentage based frequency overclock (started working again for me since the 4.20 kernel), but enabling wattman in the kernel disables overclocking on this.
    Do you mean overclocking via pp_od_clk_voltage file? It is already implemented (I'm working on the issue with Radeon VII though).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X