No announcement yet.

radeon-profile: tool for changing profiles and monitoring some GPU parameters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• radeon-profile: tool for changing profiles and monitoring some GPU parameters

Hi everyone!

I made gui application for changing profiles and monitoring temperature, clocks and voltage (if available). Works with old profiles and DPM.
    I also tried implement functionality like radeontop but with no luck so far.
    Qt4 is required and lm-sensors for temperature.

Main window
    Graphs

Bug reports, comments and other thoughts are welcome

https://github.com/marazmista/radeon-profile
    Arch Linux AUR

• Melcar
    replied
    Same. Kubuntu 18.04. Also using the ppa. You can either add the program yourself to the autostart list, or tick those options in your post. The program then starts in the background every time you log in.

Leave a comment:

• cytomax55
    replied
    ohhhh i think you are right... i am running kubuntu 1804 and i think i added the program to startup at boot .. its very easy in kde... what are you running?

Leave a comment:

• Melcar
    replied
    Yes, that autoloads the program at login. You *need* to launch the application for changes to come into effect, whether it be by manually doing it or autostart.

Leave a comment:

• cytomax55
    replied
    This is what i did and it persistant across reboot

RADEON PROFILE

https://launchpad.net/~trebelnik-ste...radeon-profile

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:trebelnik-stefina/radeon-profile

sudo apt update

sudo apt upgrade

sudo apt install radeon-profile -y

Here it is as 1 command
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:trebelnik-stefina/radeon-profile && sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade && sudo apt install radeon-profile -y

Fan Control > Custom Curve > Temp 0 set fan speed to 50% > Save > Activate

Configuration > Start minimized & Minimize to tray & On close hide to tray & Save selected fan control mode > Save All

hope this helps

Leave a comment:

• cytomax55
    replied
    Mine is persistant across reboots... just add the ppa and install.. I'll check what I did that made it persistant

Leave a comment:

• Melcar
    replied
    I don't think changes in radeon-profile are persistent across reboots. You have to launch the application for the settings to come into effect. You can then close it and I think changes are persistent until next reboot/logoff.
    The physical switch on the card is most likely a dual bios switch. Many cards have those now.

Leave a comment:

• buzzrobot
    replied
    Fans on my RX Vega 64 card spin all the time on Linux although they are only supposed to begin spinning at 54C. radeon-profile will allow me to create a fan curve that recreates that behavior but it does not survive reboots. I need to launch the radeon-profile configuration GUI with root privileges, set the mode from "Auto" to "Manual", activate my fan curve, and quit the GUI before the fans will stop spinning.

The card works as advertised on Windows. But, even there AMD's documentation is essentially nonexistent. E.g. there is a physical toggle switch on the card and I've been unable to locate any explanation of its purpose or use.

Leave a comment:

• cytomax55
    replied
    my card has the same *feature* but the fans literally never spin.. seen the temp rise to 80 c..... I can manually set them to spin and the fans work that way but they will never spin on their own for some reason.. I'll post later my system specs etc... I'm on my phone right now

Leave a comment:

• Melcar
    replied
    Originally posted by cytomax55 View Post
    gogo Thank you for the PPA

radeon-profile installed perfect and works when i run it however it doesnt seem to run by default when the computer boots is this a bug or something special i have to do?

Sadly this project seems dead or at the very least on hold
    There are 2 pull request from last year that seem very minor but useful that havent been accepted

gogo
    Last Activity: 08-18-2017, 03:07 PM

marazmista
    Last Activity: 11-04-2017, 07:53 AM

Is there another project with more activity... all i want to do is control my RX580 fan speed automatically like it would in Windows 10.. Right now it literally does not spin in linux unless i force it too using the project which is sad.

Many of these cards have a "zero fan speed" setting backed into their vbios. The fan is set not to turn on until the gpu gets warm (+50C or so on some cards). And yeah, I hope the project is not dead or anything. This is probably the most useful piece of software for me right now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X