No announcement yet.

radeon-profile: tool for changing profiles and monitoring some GPU parameters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems that running the program as a normal user (not using the daemon here) allows an empty placeholder to appear in the system tray (the icon itself does not show up). You can minimize/close the gui with no problems. It's only when run as sudo that the tray icon does not show. It does minimize correctly to the taskbar if you untick the minimize to tray option.

Comment

Originally posted by marazmista View Post
      I pushed new verison, hope it fixed this issue. Thanks for the report!

Melcar, I will look into it when Plasma 5.3 hit stable Arch repo. Then I will install it on my machine instead of VM and look what is going on.

That fixed it cheers.

Comment

Is this normal for fglrx driver, don't show anything in the drop down boxes nor allow to change anything

tried as root too

14.12 driver

Segfaults after a short time too but not always, if I catch it I'll post log up

Comment

Originally posted by HD7950 View Post
          Any plans for a Qt 5 port?
          If you talking about reworking UI to QtQuick then no, I don't have such plans at the moment. But porting, as compiling using qmake instead of qmake-qt4 then I guess I could do this. This probably change dependecies to qt5, and should be easy according to Qt wiki.

Originally posted by Melcar View Post
          It seems that running the program as a normal user (not using the daemon here) allows an empty placeholder to appear in the system tray (the icon itself does not show up). You can minimize/close the gui with no problems. It's only when run as sudo that the tray icon does not show. It does minimize correctly to the taskbar if you untick the minimize to tray option.
          Cool, thanks for info.

Originally posted by pete910 View Post
          Is this normal for fglrx driver, don't show anything in the drop down boxes nor allow to change anything
          Yes it is normal, just monitoring for fglrx. Catalyst has its own control center so I don't know if reimplementing it have much sense. If having both drivers in system would be possible, more options would be useful though.

Comment

I modified some code to be compatible with Qt5. To build with Qt5 replace 'qmake-qt4' with 'qmake'. Looks like building using Qt5 fixes tray icon issue in Plasma 5 (it show itself in notification list), but breaks it everywhere else. Though, options regarding tray icon may not work as expected at the moment.

Comment

Built the new version. Still no tray icon.

Comment

Tested with Qt5, it is working fine:

And I have tray icon.

Comment

I am using a Radeon R7 260x on Mageia Linux 5 64 bit.

radeon-profile produces the "can't read data" message. The only thing that shows up in "Property" is the temperature.

cat /sys/kernel/debug/dri/0/radeon_pm_info shows me this:

Code:
                  uvd    disabled
                  vce    disabled
                  power level avg    sclk: 30618 mclk: 160000
                  dXorg::getClocks() is always looking at line 1 for the clocks, but here the clocks are on line 2 so nothing is seen. You probably should check all the lines.

Also, getFeaturesFallback() contains these lines:

Code:
                          if (s.contains("sclk"));
                              fallbackFeatures.coreClk = 0;
                          if (s.contains("mclk"))
                              fallbackFeatures.memClk = 0;
                          if (s.contains("vddc"));
                              fallbackFeatures.coreClk = 0;
                          if (s.contains("vddci"))
                              fallbackFeatures.memClk = 0;
                  The sclk and vddc lines give me compiler warnings and probably shouldn't end in a ;

Comment

Been playing with the fan control portion of the gui. Noticed a few things with the custom curve setting. I have two values that I can't change or remove, one with a 40* temp. value and a 30% fan speed, and another with a 90* temp. value and a 100% fan speed. I can add additional steps no problem, but the minimum fan speed will always be 30% even if I add an additional step with a lower value. Running under the "fixed" fan setting I can set the fan as low as 20%.

Comment

• Hi all,
                      I'm trying to build debian packages of the tool and its daemon.
                      Both packages are nearly ready, but the daemon stops as soon as I start the application.
                      Otherwise the application seems to work running as a normal user or as root.

Comment

Working...
                      X