No announcement yet.

radeon-profile: tool for changing profiles and monitoring some GPU parameters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mine is persistant across reboots... just add the ppa and install.. I'll check what I did that made it persistant

Comment

• This is what i did and it persistant across reboot

RADEON PROFILE

https://launchpad.net/~trebelnik-ste...radeon-profile

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:trebelnik-stefina/radeon-profile

sudo apt update

sudo apt upgrade

sudo apt install radeon-profile -y

Here it is as 1 command
      sudo add-apt-repository ppa:trebelnik-stefina/radeon-profile && sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade && sudo apt install radeon-profile -y

Fan Control > Custom Curve > Temp 0 set fan speed to 50% > Save > Activate

Configuration > Start minimized & Minimize to tray & On close hide to tray & Save selected fan control mode > Save All

hope this helps

Comment

• Yes, that autoloads the program at login. You *need* to launch the application for changes to come into effect, whether it be by manually doing it or autostart.

Comment

• ohhhh i think you are right... i am running kubuntu 1804 and i think i added the program to startup at boot .. its very easy in kde... what are you running?

Comment

• Same. Kubuntu 18.04. Also using the ppa. You can either add the program yourself to the autostart list, or tick those options in your post. The program then starts in the background every time you log in.

Comment

• Fantastic tool, but how do you change voltages? I need to undervolt for the card to be stable. On windows I use wattman. I don't see anywhere to adjust voltages? If you implement voltage editing for the seven stages then I would donate.

Comment

• I think you can overclock using this tool:
                A Wattman-like GTK3+ GUI. Contribute to BoukeHaarsma23/WattmanGTK development by creating an account on GitHub.

(It creates bash scripts to overclock)

So if you investigate that, you should be able to overclock if your hardware and kernel support it. Btw it is for amdgpu.

Hope the info helps others. Took awhile to find

Comment

• Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

The radeon-profile tool uses old and rare qt packages, not fantastic at all for portability. Lower the engine clock to make your gpu stable. Implementing voltage control is risky for end users but you can add it to my python application easily.
                  https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...justing-clocks
                  Interesting but yeah, I need voltage controls (not clockrates)...

Comment

You need to add amdgpu.ppfeaturemask=0xffffffff to the kernel command line and use the pp_od_clk_voltage sysfs API
                    Thanks for the info. I actually had to use WattmanGTK to find the correct value, which happens to be 0xfffd7fff.

Comment

The radeon-profile tool uses old and rare qt packages, not fantastic at all for portability. [...]
                      What do you mean by 'old and rare'? Qt5 is mainline and QtCharts is default chart library for Qt.

Comment

Working...
                      X