No announcement yet.

radeon-profile: tool for changing profiles and monitoring some GPU parameters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for this program. i really want to use it, but i can't install it. I added the repo, but when i try to install it, i get an error about unmet dependencies.
    Code:
    The following packages have unmet dependencies:
     radeon-profile : Depends: qt59charts-no-lgpl but it is not installable
    i can't seem to find qt59 anymore. i added qt510 and installed qt510charts-no-lgpl, but i still get the same above message. is there any way i can install this?

thank you for your support!

Comment

• Hi, radeon-profile is not working for me and I'm not sure what may be wrong. I have build radeon-profile and radeon-profile-daemon and in the program any option I change it doesn't work. My fans are always 33,7% even if I change, and if I choose another profile, battery or balanced, it goes back to perfomance.

Comment

• i seem to be getting the same issue
        when i run qmake && make

g++ -c -pipe -std=c++11 -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -DQT_NO_DEBUG_OUTPUT -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_CHARTS_LIB -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I. -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5 -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtCharts -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtWidgets -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtGui -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtNetwork -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtCore -I. -isystem /usr/include/libdrm -I. -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/mkspecs/linux-g++ -o main.o main.cpp
        In file included from components/pieprogressbar.h:10:0,
        from radeon_profile.h:9,
        from main.cpp:1:
        ./ui_pieprogressbar.h:13:10: fatal error: QtGui/QAction: No such file or directory
        #include <QtGui/QAction>
        ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        compilation terminated.
        Makefile:608: recipe for target 'main.o' failed
        make: *** [main.o] Error 1

CPU: Ryzen 1600X

MB: ASROCK 350B Pro (latest non Beta Bios) http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/AB350%20Pro4/

GPU: XFX RX580 gpu http://xfxforce.com/en-us/products/a...d-rx-580p828d6

Qt 5.6<= (qt5-base and qt5-charts) (qt5-defaults for Ubuntu/Debian)

qmake -v
        QMake version 3.1
        Using Qt version 5.9.5 in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu

installed using
        sudo apt install qt5-base
        sudo apt install libqt5charts5 libqt5charts5-dev

libxrandr
        sudo apt install ibxrandr-dev
        ibxrandr-dev is already the newest version (2:1.5.1-1)

libdrm (for amdgpu, 2.4.79<=, more recent, the better)
        Mesa Graphics Stable Padoka Repo This is the stable MESA and LLVM (currently at mesa 19.0.x and LLVM 8.x). The MESA packages also include RADV and ANV (AMD and INTEL vulkan implementations). If you want/need the bleeding edge (with emphasis on the bleeding), go to https://launchpad.net/~paulo-miguel-dias/+archive/ubuntu/mesa/ I don't have the time to support multiple ubuntu versions, so i only provide support for the LTS and the latest. Supported Ubuntu versions: - 18.04 (Bionic) - 19.0...

currently at version 2.4.91

recent kernel (for amdgpu 4.12<=, more recent, the better)
        radeon card

Comment

• If you have an answer to the above question i would appreciate it...

Also

I was able to install radeon-profile-20161221 without a problem but i have no idea how to run the program.... does anyone know?

Comment

• Originally posted by gogo View Post
            I made Launchpad PPA repository:
            https://launchpad.net/~trebelnik-ste...radeon-profile
            For installation add repository and type in terminal:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:trebelnik-stefina/radeon-profile
            sudo apt-get update
            sudo apt-get install radeon-profile

In Cinnamon if you add Radeon Profile to auto start at system start add some starting delay because tray icon won't show, 10 ,15 or 20 sec. I add 20 sec.
            In Ubuntu Unity Radeon Profile indicator, you can minimize to tray but there is no option to restore Radeon Profile window back so it is quite limitation in Unity.
            Thank you so much for the ppa. I was having the hardest time getting the latest build working on my new Kubuntu install. By the way, the latest radeon-profile is awesome.
            One thing. GPU usage seems to not work.
            Last edited by Melcar; 10 June 2018, 07:59 PM.

Comment

• gogo Thank you for the PPA

radeon-profile installed perfect and works when i run it however it doesnt seem to run by default when the computer boots is this a bug or something special i have to do?

Sadly this project seems dead or at the very least on hold
              There are 2 pull request from last year that seem very minor but useful that havent been accepted

gogo
              Last Activity: 08-18-2017, 03:07 PM

marazmista
              Last Activity: 11-04-2017, 07:53 AM

Is there another project with more activity... all i want to do is control my RX580 fan speed automatically like it would in Windows 10.. Right now it literally does not spin in linux unless i force it too using the project which is sad.

Comment

• Originally posted by cytomax55 View Post
                gogo Thank you for the PPA

radeon-profile installed perfect and works when i run it however it doesnt seem to run by default when the computer boots is this a bug or something special i have to do?

Sadly this project seems dead or at the very least on hold
                There are 2 pull request from last year that seem very minor but useful that havent been accepted

gogo
                Last Activity: 08-18-2017, 03:07 PM

marazmista
                Last Activity: 11-04-2017, 07:53 AM

Is there another project with more activity... all i want to do is control my RX580 fan speed automatically like it would in Windows 10.. Right now it literally does not spin in linux unless i force it too using the project which is sad.

Many of these cards have a "zero fan speed" setting backed into their vbios. The fan is set not to turn on until the gpu gets warm (+50C or so on some cards). And yeah, I hope the project is not dead or anything. This is probably the most useful piece of software for me right now.

Comment

• my card has the same *feature* but the fans literally never spin.. seen the temp rise to 80 c..... I can manually set them to spin and the fans work that way but they will never spin on their own for some reason.. I'll post later my system specs etc... I'm on my phone right now

Comment

• Fans on my RX Vega 64 card spin all the time on Linux although they are only supposed to begin spinning at 54C. radeon-profile will allow me to create a fan curve that recreates that behavior but it does not survive reboots. I need to launch the radeon-profile configuration GUI with root privileges, set the mode from "Auto" to "Manual", activate my fan curve, and quit the GUI before the fans will stop spinning.

The card works as advertised on Windows. But, even there AMD's documentation is essentially nonexistent. E.g. there is a physical toggle switch on the card and I've been unable to locate any explanation of its purpose or use.

Comment

• I don't think changes in radeon-profile are persistent across reboots. You have to launch the application for the settings to come into effect. You can then close it and I think changes are persistent until next reboot/logoff.
                      The physical switch on the card is most likely a dual bios switch. Many cards have those now.

Comment

Working...
                      X