No announcement yet.

radeon-profile: tool for changing profiles and monitoring some GPU parameters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just installed it to try, but the UI does not scale well with resolution.
    My resolution is 1080p and I can't read the text on the screen easily, it is too small.

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post
      My resolution is 1080p and I can't read the text on the screen easily, it is too small.
      Looks fine on my 1080p screen.

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post
        Could you provide more info? What DE? Maybe something with dpi settings? Does the other apps look normal? Screen/foto? I'm on 1080p screen too and I wouldn't release it if something would look unreadable.

Comment

Fan speed control is awesome, many thanks

Comment

Recently did a clean install of Kubuntu 15.04. Radeon-profile works fine, but for some reason there is no system tray icon. Minimizing the window closes the gui, although it remains running in the background. It does remain in the taskbar either.

Comment

I installed Kubuntu on VM and fired up radeon-profile. Take a look, looks like it is in tray but icon is in fact messed up. I will try find a solution to this.
              I've also found that there are issues with Qt4 apps tray icons in Plasma 5 (https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:KDE_Plas...no_longer_show ; http://blog.martin-graesslin.com/blo...systray-icons/). Do you have sni-qt installed in system? (I guess you have, it was out of the box in my Kubuntu).

Originally posted by Melcar View Post
              [...] Minimizing the window closes the gui, although it remains running in the background. It does remain in the taskbar either.
              Sorry, so it is minimized, not closed, right? It is still in taskbar? There are options in configuration that specify behaviour when minimize is clicked (minimize or hide to tray) or when close is clicked (quit app or hide to tray).

Comment

Originally posted by marazmista View Post
                I installed Kubuntu on VM and fired up radeon-profile. Take a look, looks like it is in tray but icon is in fact messed up. I will try find a solution to this.
                I've also found that there are issues with Qt4 apps tray icons in Plasma 5 (https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:KDE_Plas...no_longer_show ; http://blog.martin-graesslin.com/blo...systray-icons/). Do you have sni-qt installed in system? (I guess you have, it was out of the box in my Kubuntu).

Sorry, so it is minimized, not closed, right? It is still in taskbar? There are options in configuration that specify behaviour when minimize is clicked (minimize or hide to tray) or when close is clicked (quit app or hide to tray).

Miss-typed there. No, it does not remain in the taskbar. Already tried all the gui options available. The program remains running in the background, there is just no way of bringing the window back up after you minimize it, except by launching the program from the terminal again (which would cause a second instance to start running and so on).

Comment

Builds fine just shows for a second or 2 then segfaults

Tried it a few times now all ways the same outcome .

Mageia 5 with fglrx on a 290x

I did get one out put that I have saved to a log if it helps, It's to long to post here .

Log file

Comment

Originally posted by pete910 View Post
                    Builds fine just shows for a second or 2 then segfaults

Tried it a few times now all ways the same outcome .

Mageia 5 with fglrx on a 290x

I did get one out put that I have saved to a log if it helps, It's to long to post here .

Log file
                    I pushed new verison, hope it fixed this issue. Thanks for the report!

Originally posted by Melcar View Post
                    Miss-typed there. No, it does not remain in the taskbar. Already tried all the gui options available. The program remains running in the background, there is just no way of bringing the window back up after you minimize it, except by launching the program from the terminal again (which would cause a second instance to start running and so on).
                    Melcar, I will look into it when Plasma 5.3 hit stable Arch repo. Then I will install it on my machine instead of VM and look what is going on.

Comment

Any plans for a Qt 5 port?

Comment

Working...
                      X