radeon-profile: tool for changing profiles and monitoring some GPU parameters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by darius View Post

no and i'm using the radeon module, so for overclocking to be enabled do i have to use the amdgpu one? the card is an oland xt r7 250
    Yes, overclock works only on amdgpu.

Originally posted by orestisf View Post

It does:

Code:
    srwxr-xrwx 1 root root 0 May 16 18:20 /tmp/radeon-profile-daemon-server
    It happens all the time, I can never get it to work. journalctl -u radeon-profile-daemon.service doesn't output anything either

Code:
    -- Reboot --
    May 16 18:20:39 desktop systemd[1]: Started radeon-profile daemon.
    Not sure what may be wrong. Could you try build debug binaries? You can do this like this:

Code:
    git clone https://github.com/marazmista/radeon-profile.git &&
    cd radeon-profile/radeon-profile
    qmake CONFIG+=debug &&
    make
    and then execute from source directory with ./radeon-profile. You can do the same with daemon. Clone, build as debug, stop or kill running radeon-profile systemd service and from root terminal execute compiled daemon binary.

Comment

• Not sure what may be wrong. Could you try build debug binaries?

and then execute from source directory with ./radeon-profile. You can do the same with daemon. Clone, build as debug, stop or kill running radeon-profile systemd service and from root terminal execute compiled daemon binary.[/QUOTE]

Code:
      $ sudo radeon-profile-daemon
      Starting in debug mode
      ok
      Code:
      srwxr-xrwx 1 root root 0 May 20 21:00 /tmp/radeon-profile-daemon-server
      Code:
      $ radeon-profile
      Disabling overclock
      Running in non-root mode, connecting and configuring the daemon
      Shared memory is not attached, creating it
      Connecting to daemon
      Daemon is not connected, therefore it can't be configured
      ""
      Can't get clocks, no data available
      Fan control is not available
      Analyzing screen  0
        Analyzing output  0
        Analyzing output  1
        Analyzing output  2
        Analyzing output  3
          Analyzing active mode
            Property is EDID, parsing it
      Searching PnP ID:  "AOC"
        Analyzing output  4
          Analyzing active mode
            Property is EDID, parsing it
      Searching PnP ID:  "GSM"

Comment

• Originally posted by marazmista View Post
        Yes, overclock works only on amdgpu.
        thanks, i'll try with some newer kernel the CIK flag enabled and to blacklist radeon.

Comment

• It appears you can only overclock the core atm via percentage. No memory overclock or power level increases.

Comment

• First off, love the new UI changes and I *think* you also fixed the wonky permission problems some of us had with Arch linux (maybe others?) I quit using it a few months back before I was having to run as root just to get the full info panel with the daemon, but I reinstalled last night and it worked perfectly without any tweaking (daemon and profile). So, thanks!

Now I'm wondering if there's any hope of being able to change the tray and/or system icon for radeon-profile-git? I seem to remember there was some Qt or Java or some kind of bug upstream that prevented any changes, even hardcode changes. Short of patching the actual binary, is there a chance it could be changed to match my setup? It's very superficial, I know, but I've spent way too much time getting Arch and Cinnamon setup over the last several months to give up on a single icon now. Anything that works for Gnome should work here on Cinnamon:

Kernel: 4.12.3-1-ARCH x86_64 (64 bit)
            Desktop: Cinnamon 3.4.4
            Distro: Arch Linux
            radeon-profile version 20170714 built from AUR (git source).

Comment

• Hi,

thanks for this interesting tools.

I try to use it to UNDERclock the GPU.

In "radeon_profile.ui" I found where the slider for GPU % Oc is set :

<item row="1" column="0" colspan="3">
              <widget class="QSlider" name="slider_ocSclk">
              <property name="enabled">
              <bool>true</bool>
              </property>
              <property name="sizePolicy">
              <sizepolicy hsizetype="Expanding" vsizetype="Preferred">
              <horstretch>0</horstretch>
              <verstretch>0</verstretch>
              </sizepolicy>
              </property>
              <property name="maximum">
              <number>20</number>
              </property>

<property name="pageStep">
              <number>5</number>
              </property>
              <property name="orientation">
              <enum>Qt::Horizontal</enum>
              </property>
              <property name="tickPosition">
              <enum>QSlider::TicksBothSides</enum>
              </property>
              <property name="tickInterval">
              <number>1</number>
              </property>
              </widget>
              </item>
              but there is not "minimum" setup.

So there is 2 questions.

Q1 : does the method " void any_class::setOverclockValue(const QString &file, const int percentage) " work with negative percentage ?
              this can be expected as "const int percentage" technically allow negatives integers.

Q2 : is there any way we/you can add a "minimum" property for the OC slider so we can use it to underclock the GPU ?

best regards,

Samuel

Comment

• Originally posted by nannerpuss View Post
                First off, love the new UI changes and I *think* you also fixed the wonky permission problems some of us had with Arch linux (maybe others?) I quit using it a few months back before I was having to run as root just to get the full info panel with the daemon, but I reinstalled last night and it worked perfectly without any tweaking (daemon and profile). So, thanks!

Now I'm wondering if there's any hope of being able to change the tray and/or system icon for radeon-profile-git? I seem to remember there was some Qt or Java or some kind of bug upstream that prevented any changes, even hardcode changes. Short of patching the actual binary, is there a chance it could be changed to match my setup? It's very superficial, I know, but I've spent way too much time getting Arch and Cinnamon setup over the last several months to give up on a single icon now. Anything that works for Gnome should work here on Cinnamon:

Kernel: 4.12.3-1-ARCH x86_64 (64 bit)
                Desktop: Cinnamon 3.4.4
                Distro: Arch Linux
                radeon-profile version 20170714 built from AUR (git source).
                I changed the png file to a icon that matches my icon set before building an it worked just fine.you could put your png file in build folder on arch then adjust the pkgbuild file to use it instead of file in tar.gz

Comment

• Hi, my videocard is 6520G with two power states: 0-275 mhz; 1-400 mhz. Can i force with this app always power state 1 ? If that app cant help me, maybe anyone can help me how do it this. Sorry for my English.

Comment

• Originally posted by Septic View Post
                    Hi, my videocard is 6520G with two power states: 0-275 mhz; 1-400 mhz. Can i force with this app always power state 1 ? If that app cant help me, maybe anyone can help me how do it this. Sorry for my English.
                    Okay, i reinstalled Ubuntu 16.04 with qt59 and radeon-profile from PPA, now i can change options (Battery, Balanced, Perfomance; Auto, Low, High) and i see how to change my states, 275 mhz to 400. But why i didnt see difference in benchmarks ? State with 275 mhz and state with 400 mhz take identical score.

Comment

• Just popped in to say this works a treat with my RX64 in Antergos!

Only issue I see is GPU load not showing, I see i bug report for it all ready raised.

Good work marazmista

Comment

Working...
                      X