radeon-profile: tool for changing profiles and monitoring some GPU parameters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I made Launchpad PPA repository:
    WARNING: DO NOT USE THIS PPA, IT'S OBSOLETE!!!! GO TO RADEON PROFILE TEAM PPA: https://launchpad.net/~radeon-profile

For installation add repository and type in terminal:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:trebelnik-stefina/radeon-profile
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install radeon-profile

In Cinnamon if you add Radeon Profile to auto start at system start add some starting delay because tray icon won't show, 10 ,15 or 20 sec. I add 20 sec.
    In Ubuntu Unity Radeon Profile indicator, you can minimize to tray but there is no option to restore Radeon Profile window back so it is quite limitation in Unity.

Comment

• Thanks for providing a repo.

Maybe try this? http://www.howtogeek.com/68119/how-t...s-system-tray/

Every solution I found for implementing Unity's indicator would cause that application require GTK as dependency which is quite pointless for Qt app, I think.
      Last edited by marazmista; 03 June 2016, 03:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by gogo View Post
        I made Launchpad PPA repository
        thanks!

Comment

• Hello sir! I love this program! However, I am unable to use the "fan control." It simply doesn't work for me. How do I get this to work?

OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
          OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD PITCAIRN (DRM 2.45.0 / 4.7.0-040700rc6-generic, LLVM 3.9.0)
          OpenGL core profile version string: 4.3 (Core Profile) Mesa 12.1.0-devel - padoka PPA
          OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 4.30
          OpenGL core profile context flags: (none)
          OpenGL core profile profile mask: core profile
          OpenGL core profile extensions:
          OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 12.1.0-devel - padoka PPA
          OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
          OpenGL context flags: (none)
          OpenGL extensions:
          OpenGL ES profile version string: OpenGL ES 3.1 Mesa 12.1.0-devel - padoka PPA
          OpenGL ES profile shading language version string: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.10
          OpenGL ES profile extensions:

Comment

• Hello.
            Check if you have files with names that contain 'pwm' in (card and hwmon index may be different)
            Code:
            /sys/class/drm/card0/device/hwmon/hwmon2/

Comment

• The amdgpu branch seems to work with rx480, but there are some options that are unavailable still. Please fix soon.

Comment

• Is this going to work with AMDGPU-PRO on 16.04+ ?

Comment

• Originally posted by deri View Post
                  The amdgpu branch seems to work with rx480, but there are some options that are unavailable still. Please fix soon.
                  Oh, it really does. Fan control is funny. When clicking on Custom curve my fan immediately spins up to very high levels. That's because XFX thought it would be nice to have the GPU quiet. Well, it reaches 72°C in idle (!) and 85°C with load until the fan spins up, but only a little bit. Wow, I should compare the performance with a faster fan.

I looked a bit at the code and powerplay support shouldn't be that hard. It feels a bit like the application is a bit overengineered, but maybe it does need to be this way to support multiple gpus at the same time.
                  So far this displays the memory clock in the graph: https://github.com/ChristophHaag/rad...f97dbdd9f19f96
                  Not super easy to implement, but also not super hard. I suspect there are many people here who can do it. *hint, hint*

Comment

• Editing is gone on phoronix? Yes, once powerplay support is implemented, it will work with amdgpu-pro since it uses the same amdgpu kernel driver.

Comment

• Originally posted by haagch View Post
                      Editing is gone on phoronix? Yes, once powerplay support is implemented, it will work with amdgpu-pro since it uses the same amdgpu kernel driver.
                      Editing is still there for me. Good to know & looking forward to it.

Comment

Working...
                      X