Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smitty3268
    replied
    Since Michael won't provide what everyone wants to see, can somebody here on the forums run the tests on Steam or WINE apps?

Also, YNOR600SB?

Leave a comment:

• GreatEmerald
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post
    No, tests are always done with it disabled, as can be seen from the system logs.
    Huh, then the triangle test result is a bit odd, I thought disabling it improved the results in that test a lot?..

Leave a comment:

• schmidtbag
    replied
    I can't believe you seriously had to repeat yourself twice on the same page of this thread... shows how much people really pay attention.

Anyways, it's pretty exciting to see these test results. I find it interesting how in terms of GPUserformance, it forms a sort of sine wave, where the very low end cards and the very high-end cards perform the worst. I get the impression the devs focus the most on the mainstream GPUs, since the low-end GPUs aren't good for gaming and if you want your money's worth for the high-end parts, you're better off using catalyst.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by verde View Post
    more Team Fortress 2 benchmarks please
    See: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...tem&px=MTQxMzY

Leave a comment:

• gururise
    replied
    Very interesting article. Would be very interested to see how the HD4000 (r600) compares vs. Catalyst. Lots of people are still running HD3000/4000 hardware.

Leave a comment:

• verde
    replied
    more Team Fortress 2 benchmarks please

Leave a comment:

• crispy
    replied
    Originally posted by krasnoglaz View Post
    I don't understand why test target for drivers are decade old shaderless games or opensource relatively light games like Xonotic. Why not Team Fortress 2 and Dota 2?
    Yes please, absolutely no reason not to try the source benchmark imo.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by krasnoglaz View Post
    I don't understand why test target for drivers are decade old shaderless games or opensource relatively light games like Xonotic. Why not Team Fortress 2 and Dota 2?
    See: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...tem&px=MTQxMzY

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
    I assume that this is also with SwapBuffersWait. Would be nice if it was disabled in such benchmarks, but ah well.
    No, tests are always done with it disabled, as can be seen from the system logs.

Leave a comment:

• krasnoglaz
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X