Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marek Ol??k Joins AMD's Open-Source Team

Phoronix: Marek Ol??k Joins AMD's Open-Source Team

Marek Ol??k, the very well known independent contributor to Mesa/Gallium3D and particularly for the open-source Radeon graphics drivers, is now employed by AMD...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Congrats, Marek, and a big thank you to AMD for keeping hiring open source developers (I am sure bridgman has something to do with this )

It's a great day to be a Linux user. I remember back in 1995. THAT was tough

Comment

In just a few words, "The independent Mesa contributor Marek Olš?k" is not independent any more
      I will drink for your good, Marek!

Comment

And who will now be the next most profilifilifitifc independent contributor?

Congrats on emloyement Marek . Try to be better then agd5f and don't became narcisoid .
        Last edited by dungeon; 30 July 2013, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Congratulations, Marek!
          Free Software Developer .:. Mesa and Xorg
          Opinions expressed in these forum posts are my own.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
            Phoronix: Marek Ol??k Joins AMD's Open-Source Team

Marek Ol??k, the very well known independent contributor to Mesa/Gallium3D and particularly for the open-source Radeon graphics drivers, is now employed by AMD...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTQyNDc
            Congrats, and I hope that they are paying you well!

Comment

With all this work on radeon I'm gonna have to go back on my never-buy-anything-AMD-evar approach... I love you nvidia, but Optimus killed it for me.

Comment

i can just say finally!!!!

congratz marek

Comment

Originally posted by beaverusiv View Post
                  With all this work on radeon I'm gonna have to go back on my never-buy-anything-AMD-evar approach... I love you nvidia, but Optimus killed it for me.
                  Well Optimus grew out of Nvidia having been forced out of their chipset market as a way to try and stay relevant in some way in the bulk consumer market. But it's such a kludge that it's costing them mindshare.

Comment

Looks like Marek has been tasked onto the SI drivers

So hopefully we can start expecting those to get a lot better soon.

Comment

Working...
                    X