Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marek Ol??k Joins AMD's Open-Source Team

Phoronix: Marek Ol??k Joins AMD's Open-Source Team

Marek Ol??k, the very well known independent contributor to Mesa/Gallium3D and particularly for the open-source Radeon graphics drivers, is now employed by AMD...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTQyNDc

Congrats, Marek, and a big thank you to AMD for keeping hiring open source developers (I am sure bridgman has something to do with this )

It's a great day to be a Linux user. I remember back in 1995. THAT was tough

Comment

In just a few words, "The independent Mesa contributor Marek Olš?k" is not independent any more
      I will drink for your good, Marek!

Comment

And who will now be the next most profilifilifitifc independent contributor?

Congrats on emloyement Marek . Try to be better then agd5f and don't became narcisoid .
        Last edited by dungeon; 07-30-2013, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Congratulations, Marek!
          Free Software Developer .:. Mesa and Xorg
          Opinions expressed in these forum posts are my own.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
            Phoronix: Marek Ol??k Joins AMD's Open-Source Team

Marek Ol??k, the very well known independent contributor to Mesa/Gallium3D and particularly for the open-source Radeon graphics drivers, is now employed by AMD...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTQyNDc
            Congrats, and I hope that they are paying you well!

Comment

With all this work on radeon I'm gonna have to go back on my never-buy-anything-AMD-evar approach... I love you nvidia, but Optimus killed it for me.

Comment

i can just say finally!!!!

congratz marek

Comment

Originally posted by beaverusiv View Post
                  With all this work on radeon I'm gonna have to go back on my never-buy-anything-AMD-evar approach... I love you nvidia, but Optimus killed it for me.
                  Well Optimus grew out of Nvidia having been forced out of their chipset market as a way to try and stay relevant in some way in the bulk consumer market. But it's such a kludge that it's costing them mindshare.

Comment

Looks like Marek has been tasked onto the SI drivers

So hopefully we can start expecting those to get a lot better soon.

Comment

Working...
                    X