No announcement yet.

How To Setup Radeon DPM On Ubuntu Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hah... I finally replied before Alex... first time in about 6 years. He must have been having dinner or taking the dog for a walk
    Test signature

Comment

Confirmed. DPM working correctly. Small max clock improvement, if any. I do recall when I took my Kill-a-watt to it several months ago, Catalyst had a *lot* lower energy usage than Radeon.. which is actually the main reason I used it. ..I had to ditch legacy Catalyst to go to 13.04 without a lot of hassle, and I thought this would close a lot of the performance gap, but if it's just power savings, hey, that's progress, I'll take it. You guys rock.

Comment

Thanks adg5f! I'll be watching that ticket. Hope this will get fixed before 3.11 comes out.
        Would be awesome if I could use a stable kernel with power saving. Basically, use Linux every day.

Comment

So, again, why don't APUs need the microcode? What makes them special like that?

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
            So, again, why don't APUs need the microcode? What makes them special like that?
            It's loaded by the system bios rather than the driver since it handles more than just the GPU.

Comment

How about support for the Accelerated Parallel Processing (APP) SDK?

Comment

Hmm, then how do you update the microcode on APUs? Require a system firmware upgrade? Work around it in software?

Seeing how horribly implemented the UEFI in the netbook that I'm maintaining is, I really don't like the thought of that mess also handling the microcode for proper power management...

Comment

Originally posted by stfn View Post
                  There is basic support for OpenCL on evergreen and newer cards in mesa.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
                    There is basic support for OpenCL on evergreen and newer cards in mesa.
                    So the APP SDK will only work with Catalyst drivers?

Comment

Originally posted by stfn View Post
                      So the APP SDK will only work with Catalyst drivers?
                      yes, that is correct.

Comment

Working...
                      X