Radeon Power Management Gets More Fixes For 3.11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pixo View Post
    Anyone has DPM working on HD 6870 [BARTS]?
    I get black screen right after the module loads on 3.11-rc[1-3] with radeon.dpm=1 .
    GCC is 4.8.1 and I have all the latest BARTS firmware.
    Make sure you updated your initrd if you are using one. The latest ucode needs to be in the initrd. Also if you building the driver into the kernel, make sure you include the ucode as well and `make clean` before rebuilding as the kernel does not pick up changes in external files such as firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
      Make sure you updated your initrd if you are using one. The latest ucode needs to be in the initrd. Also if you building the driver into the kernel, make sure you include the ucode as well and `make clean` before rebuilding as the kernel does not pick up changes in external files such as firmware.
      Dont use initrd and radeon is compiled as a module.
      I even updated the ucode in /lib/firmware/radeon to the latest from http://people.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/radeon_ucode/
      Didnt help, still getting hunged and blank screen after udev load radeon driver.

Comment

I've grown tired of testing every push to Alex's repo in the hope that it does...

Comment

@Deb6orah:

so then wait until 3.13 or later when things is enough tested and "works"

no one forces you to use the new DPM

Comment

Working...
          X