8.42.3 and FireGL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the problem is...

(WW) fglrx: ChipID 0x4C66 in Device section "ATI Technologies Inc M10 NT [FireGL Mobility T2]" isn't valid for this driver
    (EE) No devices detected.
    The fglrx driver doesn't support the ChipID 0x4c66 either, because it belongs to another FireGL device. You need to find one that it does support .

Comment

Hoho pretending to be a X600 (ID 0x3150) DOES WORK.

Just wanted to tell. Should be more people out there with a Mobility FireGL T2.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisr View Post
        Following these instructions and using a chip ID of "0x71D5" (Radeon X1700) for my FireGL V5250, I have managed to:
        Hi Chris,
        That would be a T60p?

I built a modified 8.42.3 for the FireGL V5250 also.

Out of interest I used 0x71c5 (X1600 I think) for my V5250 - I *think* that's closer?

I was after basic desktop with
        - suspend/resume
        - ability to dynamically flip to dual screens
        and compiz (fusion) would be nice
        Good GL (Secondlife) would be even better
        As would video

Right now 8.35 is the best I've got on RHEL 5.1

Could you possibly share your "best so far" xorg.conf?

I'm going to try some experiments tonight - need to get a real days work done first ;-)

- Nigel.

Comment

It is indeed a T60p (widescreen)

Originally posted by planetf1 View Post
          Out of interest I used 0x71c5 (X1600 I think) for my V5250 - I *think* that's closer?
          I'm not sure about that. The Xorg.0.log file says that the V5250 is based upon the M66GL chipset, as is the X1700. But there seem to be many variants of the T60p; mine is a widescreen with native 1680x1050 resolution.

I was after basic desktop with
          - suspend/resume
          - ability to dynamically flip to dual screens
          and compiz (fusion) would be nice
          Good GL (Secondlife) would be even better
          As would video

Could you possibly share your "best so far" xorg.conf?
          I didn't test suspend/resume or dual screens, but AIGLX and compiz both worked OK, as did celestia (native OpenGL application). World of Warcraft gave a completely black screen, and glxgears gave about 2400 fps. I can't remember my Device section, but I removed all of the special "hackish" options needed by earlier versions and set the "Fast TLS" option to 1 instead of 2. VideoOverlay was on, OpenGLOverlay was off.

Textured video playback crashed at the very end.

Comment

I'm not sure about that. The Xorg.0.log file says that the V5250 is based upon the M66GL chipset, as is the X1700. But there seem to be many variants of the T60p; mine is a widescreen with native 1680x1050 resolution.
            Ok. I appear to have
            (II) fglrx(0): VESA VBE OEM Product: M56GL
            which is a T60p model 2008 1600x1200.

I'm pretty sure X1600 is also a M56 variant, so hence why I chose this.

Guess as you say T60p != T60p ..

I didn't test suspend/resume or dual screens, but AIGLX and compiz both worked OK, as did celestia
            Thanks, I'll report back later/tomorrow

I can't remember my Device section, but I removed all of the special "hackish" options needed by earlier versions and set the "Fast TLS" option to 1 instead of 2. VideoOverlay was on, OpenGLOverlay was off.
            Thanks, will try with some basic options and work up.

Comment

Thanks, I'll report back later/tomorrow
              Pretty disasterous.

I couldn't get suspend/resume working ok with this driver. I tried vga=0 kernel option, but no joy - the screen would always be black after resume.

That's a blocking issue for me - no amount of increased performance, glx etc will make a difference.

So -- yet again -- I'm back to 8.35 as the best so far.

I also tried the radeon driver - didn't realise this doesn't handle this chip.

Have to just wait for 8.43...44...45....46.... sigh.

Comment

Better method

hey guys, if you haven't noticed I've described a better method that doesn't need you to specify any pci id: http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6091.
                It works great on my Thinkpad T60p.

Comment

Originally posted by ambro814 View Post
                  hey guys, if you haven't noticed I've described a better method that doesn't need you to specify any pci id: http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6091.
                  It works great on my Thinkpad T60p.
                  Hi, I did notice - it's obviously much easier to patch - not having to enter an id, but once that is done, is it working any different?

Specifically
                  a) Do you know what chipset you have in your T60p - I have the V5200 (lcd 1600x1200)
                  b) Have you tried suspend/resume and got that to work - specifically under RHEL or Fedora?

Comment

Hi, I did notice - it's obviously much easier to patch - not having to enter an id, but once that is done, is it working any different?

Specifically
                    a) Do you know what chipset you have in your T60p - I have the V5200 (lcd 1600x1200)
                    b) Have you tried suspend/resume and got that to work - specifically under RHEL or Fedora?
                    lspci says: ATI Technologies Inc M56GL [ATI Mobility FireGL V5200]
                    and it's also 1600x1200.
                    Pci id is 0x71c4.
                    Suspend/resume works flawlessly with X running, I'm using gentoo with kernel suspend2-sources-2.6.22-r2.

Comment

I meant Suspend2 works great, but also does ACPI suspend.

Comment

Working...
                      X