Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD 8.42.3 Driver Released -- The Baby Is Born!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What version of Compiz are you running?
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael View Post
      What version of Compiz are you running?
      serkan@zoidberg ~ $ emerge -pv compiz

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!
      [ebuild R ] x11-wm/compiz-0.6.2 USE="dbus fuse gnome gtk svg -kde" 0 kB [1]

Total: 1 package (1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 0 kB
      Portage tree and overlays:
      [0] /var/portage
      [1] /var/portage/local/layman/xeffects

Comment

• Oh, and I still can't use any display bigger than 1280x1024 (well, 1280x2253 according to Xorg.0.log), which is annoying since my LCD's native resolution is 1440x900 (I can force it with a modeline, but I get graphical corruption around the edges - precisely as if everything outside of a 1280pixel box is being mirrored).

I'm fairly sure X1950 Pros support this resolution in hardware...

Comment

• Originally posted by enzobelmont View Post
          i will download and install in two hours (my connection is slow here)

any x200m experiences????
          Working with the Xpress 200M, with AIGLX. Few caveats I've noticed: While Beryl is running, Scrolling in Firefox (or anything) is horrendously slow. Postal 2 now runs at playable framerates (old drivers would barely get over 2fps). There are some rendering issues in Legends ( http://legendsthegame.net ) but it's probably just a bug(s) in the game.

Comment

• I use Gentoo, and I'm having install troubles. I modified the ebuild, renamed the patches and started emerging when I get this:
            make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.23-gentoo'
            * Building fgl_glxgears
            * Building fglrx_gamma lib
            * Building fglrx_gamma util
            >>> Source compiled.
            --------------------------- ACCESS VIOLATION SUMMARY ---------------------------
            LOG FILE = "/var/log/sandbox/sandbox-x11-drivers_-_ati-drivers-8.42.3-30893.log"

open_wr: /usr/src/linux-2.6.23-gentoo/null.gcda
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Any think I might be able to do?

Comment

• seems to be something amiss with fglrx and compiz 0.5.2 (at least the one in debian)

after much debugging and researching I got it to segfault when I export LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1 (<--- hot tip for people right here)

now I'm running metacity with xcompmgr and transset instead. 1920x1080 and cairo-clock, googlearth and glxgears running at 1600fps (double what I had with 8.40)

well.. maybe I'll build compiz 0.6.2 one of these days, or I just might wait until my MV 5200 is officially supported in 8.43 instead of that ugly pci-hack (might be blamed as well).

almost pleased so far

Comment

• gep642, try disabling sandbox feature

Comment

• hi michael ,

i m actually downloading it on my debian / testing with a radeon mobility hd 2400 .

Do i have to remove the 8.41.7 driver ??

Is the installation going to modify my xorg.conf automatically , or does i have to change something in it manually.

I m really afraid about not beeing able to use my computer tommorow at work

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by gep642 View Post
                    I use Gentoo, and I'm having install troubles. I modified the ebuild, renamed the patches and started emerging when I get this:

Any think I might be able to do?
                    I think you need to add add_predict in src_compile for /usr/src for sandbox.

Comment

• Originally posted by Z1Kenobi View Post
                      hi michael ,

i m actually downloading it on my debian / testing with a radeon mobility hd 2400 .

Do i have to remove the 8.41.7 driver ??

Is the installation going to modify my xorg.conf automatically , or does i have to change something in it manually.

I m really afraid about not beeing able to use my computer tommorow at work

Thanks
                      You should be able to overwrite 8.41 with 8.42.

Run: aticonfig --initial as root to configure the xorg.conf.
                      Michael Larabel
                      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X