• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
    UVD is done
    Still missing on RS780/880 and RV790.

Comment

Originally posted by Vim_User View Post
      Still missing on RS780/880 and RV790.
      Okay...BASICALLY done. My point is: what comes next? Maintenance mode? Is there a big-item on the TODO list that the devs have been wanting to tackle?

EDIT: 3D is not a valid answer to me >.> Now that we are at 3.0+ I consider it okay to just get that done gradually in time.
      Last edited by Ericg; 09 July 2013, 12:01 AM.
      All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Okay...BASICALLY done. My point is: what comes next? Maintenance mode? Is there a big-item on the TODO list that the devs have been wanting to tackle?

EDIT: 3D is not a valid answer to me >.> Now that we are at 3.0+ I consider it okay to just get that done gradually in time.
        ttm de-fragmenter anyone? To help with memory thrashing.
        Last edited by timothyja; 09 July 2013, 12:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by timothyja View Post
          ttm de-fragmenter anyone? To help with memory thrashing.
          And better logic for deciding what gets to be in VRAM.

Comment

I would like to see more emphasis on bug fixing, there is a bug in the radeon driver, older than a year, that affects my laptop and makes it run much hotter than with Catalyst. Would like to see that fixed.

Comment

Just updated to latest Ubuntu drm-next kernel as of today, UVD still doesn't initialize with dpm enabled with my E-350. It tries several times, then gives up.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
                Just updated to latest Ubuntu drm-next kernel as of today, UVD still doesn't initialize with dpm enabled with my E-350. It tries several times, then gives up.
                Have you updated the firmware?

Comment

So HDMI audio is mostly done, DPM is done, UVD is done, 3D is great on everything except RadeonSI... That pretty much just leaves PowerXPress unless im missing some crucial feature of Catalyst (ignoring CrossFire, which im not even sure is supported on Linux to begin with)... Any plans (not you specifically, but the paid FOSS staff) to work on PowerXPress under X, or is that basically on hold until Wayland as to not duplicate the work?
                  With the providers stuff in xserver 1.14, powerXpress should work pretty well on most systems.
                  Last edited by agd5f; 09 July 2013, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vim_User View Post
                    I would like to see more emphasis on bug fixing, there is a bug in the radeon driver, older than a year, that affects my laptop and makes it run much hotter than with Catalyst. Would like to see that fixed.
                    Sounds like something the latest DPM code in 3.11 would help with...
                    Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by brent View Post
                      Have you updated the firmware?
                      Yes, he finds the firmware but fails to initialize. I'll try again when an actual proper 3.11rc1 kernel matures to rule out the possibility of an Ubuntu failure of some sorts.

Comment

Working...
                      X