Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drago View Post
    Are you retard or something?
    are you idiot or moron? see bench to understand better if you can.

open (mesa) drivers aren't able to optimize amd vga. so difficult to understand?
    Last edited by Azrael5; 06 July 2013, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
      Sorry but bench feedback is shocking. Is it possible open programmers are not able to optimize our currently devices?
      The open source drivers are running with default clocks, which are very low on APUs and on newer discrete GPUs. Dynamic power management code was recently pulled into the 3.11 kernel, allowing the clocks to run at full speed automatically (with correspondingly higher performance) but these benchmarks used the 3.9 kernel from Fedora 19. That's the primary reason results were slow.

Morover several devices looses owner supports in newest linux kernel.... and OS distros.
      Don't understand this, can you provide more details ?

so problems are still great, men!!! the truth is that kernel and open cannot optimize hardware.
      See above...
      Test signature

Comment

are you idiot or moron? see bench to understand better if you can.

open (mesa) drivers aren't able to optimize amd vga. so difficult to understand?
        Personal tests with a HD6670 and a Core2Duo (1920x1080)

Heaven 3.0:
        radeon r600sb 15 fps
        catalyst 13 fps

Lost Coast:
        radeon r600sb 80 fps
        catalyst 77 fps

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
          The open source drivers are running with default clocks, which are very low on APUs and on newer discrete GPUs. Dynamic power management code was recently pulled into the 3.11 kernel, allowing the clocks to run at full speed automatically (with correspondingly higher performance) but these benchmarks used the 3.9 kernel from Fedora 19. That's the primary reason results were slow.

Don't understand this, can you provide more details ?
          older graphic cards cannot uses owner drivers. Ex. HD3850 has not amd driver, so user has to use mesa.

Problems of linux kernel is that it's too much rigid because of dependencies.

Ex. in microsoft system user can install older or newer driver according to his hardware structure... linux doesn't let user to choose how to manage its own devices. On XP for example, User is able to manage system drivers, devices drivers, control panel features... in simple way. That's the deprecable issue on linux system.

Other thought: sound and hardware acceleration on video streaming, and video in general: this capability is not fully supported on linux distros. If we consult for example dxdiag panel in XP, we can see that this features are present (API) and that drivers must interface with this api to use them. In linux system I don't know if these features are working during video and audio activity neither cpu is on charge or drivers enable these possibilities. So CPu becomes fundamentals too reach good performance in the whole system.

linux has to adopt methods to maximize hardware system to spread itself. once got this aim users will leave microsft rewarding a better system

Comment

older graphic cards cannot uses owner drivers. Ex. HD3850 has not amd driver, so user has to use mesa.

Problems of linux kernel is that it's too much rigid because of dependencies.

Ex. in microsoft system user can install older or newer driver according to his hardware structure... linux doesn't let user to choose how to manage its own devices. On XP for example, User is able to manage system drivers, devices drivers, control panel features... in simple way. That's the deprecable issue on linux system.

Other thought: sound and hardware acceleration on video streaming, and video in general: this capability is not fully supported on linux distros. If we consult for example dxdiag panel in XP, we can see that this features are present (API) and that drivers must interface with this api to use them. In linux system I don't know if these features are working during video and audio activity neither cpu is on charge or drivers enable these possibilities. So CPu becomes fundamentals too reach good performance in the whole system.

linux has to adopt methods to maximize hardware system to spread itself. once got this aim users will leave microsft rewarding a better system
            Man go install XP, make one million restarts, Install hundreds of drivers for everything, eat spam and viruses and let us here on Linux front being deprecated!
            I 'm tired of all those smart bright guys coming from the black box window$ archaic BSOD os!!
            DxDiag? Feel happy to see AGP acceleration enabled there with a PCI express card and 3GB of RAM max!

Comment

Originally posted by djdoo View Post
              Man go install XP, make one million restarts, Install hundreds of drivers for everything, eat spam and viruses and let us here on Linux front being deprecated!
              I 'm tired of all those smart bright guys coming from the black box window$ archaic BSOD os!!
              DxDiag? Feel happy to see AGP acceleration enabled there with a PCI express card and 3GB of RAM max!
              thanks to person like you linux systems will stand steady for the next millennium. Alternate Openoffice replaced microsoft office just because of its versatility and compatibility.

Try to understand critics as opportunities.

Comment

Yeah, go back to Windows XP where getting drivers for the most basic things is a real pain while on Linux they work out of the box due to our "rigid" kernel driver structure...

There is a paradigm shift when it comes to considering Linux driver support, and I think you have failed to make the shift. It is not universally better than the blob model, as it does legitimately slow down support for new hardware enablement, but we reap the benefits in terms of faster development and much better integration once a driver is there, as well as much better legacy hardware support and out of the box support once such drivers are in place.

To me Azrael5 it sounds like you are attacking something you have yet to truly understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamish Wilson View Post
                  Yeah, go back to Windows XP where getting drivers for the most basic things is a real pain while on Linux they work out of the box due to our "rigid" kernel driver structure...

There is a paradigm shift when it comes to considering Linux driver support, and I think you have failed to make the shift. It is not universally better than the blob model, as it does legitimately slow down support for new hardware enablement, but we reap the benefits in terms of faster development and much better integration once a driver is there, as well as much better legacy hardware support and out of the box support once such drivers are in place.

To me Azrael5 it sounds like you are attacking something you have yet to truly understand.
                  ok, but if you think I'm the only one which questioning make an error; by the way I use both XP and linux mint cinnamon in dual boot. FRom xp I cannot ask more because it makes its job, from linux I can ask more because I think it can improve, otherwise experts as you are, couldn't elaborate new drivers, new kernels and new features...

Benchmark shows to all what are the real capabilities of hardware and drivers as well.

If you state that no improvements are possible because I'm only a "troll" you state that linux has limits which cannot exceed. Do you think linux cannot improve and mesa reach the same target. I think it is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
                    Name one existing hardware review site that contributes to the linux kernel.
                    Strawman much? They also don't undermine the OS they are running by intentionally using outdated versions of the drivers or OS unless they are being paid to quite laughably try to show a bias toward competing hardware in a comparison review.

They also usually try to find out why they have large discrepancies in their numbers on the same or similar hardware with different software or drivers.

They go into detail about the hardware and settings they use, they also often try multiple tweaked hardware settings, they provide heat and noise tests, they post about custom tweaks that can help with heat or noise.

Furthermore they also review with a much broader selection of software, they don't build their own super limited automated review software so they can pull a Ron Popeil and "Set it and forget it" style of review.

So yeah, I don't like how Larabel does what he does because he does it so badly he makes Linux look bad and Linux users look stupid.

Comment

Would be nice to see these tests updated when DPM is good-to-go. I actually like starting out without testing DPM as we can see how much it helps to improve performance.

And yeah, 1066MHz = DDR3-2133, hence Double Data Rate, as 2133 is the effective (doubled) speed.

Comment

Working...
                      X