X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by Kivada View Post
    Maybe you should ask the GPU-Z team to help you make PTS give more accurate information.
    It would likely require Linux kernel changes first to expose the DMI as non-root, otherwise it isn't too useful to begin with since most users aren't running as root. Just checked the code and in conditions where there is accurate DMI and PTS is run as root it will read the operating frequency, DIMM configuration, and RAM manufacturer / model (though not many systems get the manufacturer/model) but yeah in terms of memory latencies and other details, that would be nice but isn't a big ticket item and no commercial customers have requested such support either, but any patches are welcome.

Leave a comment:

• Kivada
    replied
    Originally posted by djdoo View Post
    I never trusted Anandtech! If intel itself published their benchmarks they would have put lower values at the results!
    Anand didn't do the test, some Chinese guy in their forum did. Though it's not like the results aren't reproducible. Just grab a mobo with a good Bios, some decent ram and a decent AM2/AM3/FM1 compatible CPU cooler, AMD has thankfully, unlike Intel kept the mount for their CPU coolers the same ever since the launch of AM2, start tinkering with the settings until you reach said results or possibly even better.

Since it's not a high end part or known to be a dirt cheap sleeper that can OC to absurd levels reliably on cheap air cooling there aren't allot of people out there trying to push the 6800K to it's absolute limits.

Leave a comment:

• Kivada
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post
    It's at 2133MHz as controlled from the BIOS/UEFI but the Catalyst driver as was reported to the result table reports 1066MHz.
    Maybe you should ask the GPU-Z team to help you make PTS give more accurate information.

Leave a comment:

• djdoo
    replied
    I've seen the 3D mark results of the 8670D being OCd to 1.2Ghz on DDR3 2.4Ghz, he said that at that speed the performance hit a wall due to lack of ram bandwidth, but did not say if he tried or even could push the ram speed higher for whatever reason.

Said results show that at those enough to keep pace with the Iris Pro 5200, with more ram speed it may even overtake it. Though many reviews are showing that the HD4600-Iris pro GPUs seem to have very high frame latency compared to the AMD APUs causing a noticeable stutter in gameplay.

Link
    http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2323903
    I never trusted Anandtech! If intel itself published their benchmarks they would have put lower values at the results!

Leave a comment:

• djdoo
    replied
    So stop whining and do the tests manually like every Windows hardware review site on the planet does, it's not like there aren't hundreds of those posting far more in depth reviews then you do every week.

But I guess that would take too much time away from drinking over rated beers to bother doing what pays for that beer.
    Being a bit polite is not that bad these days, after all there are not many linux based benchmark sites around the web not to say there is not another one that offers a complete opensource benchmark suite like PTS for all linux users to run their own tests... So I find your comment at least unfair about Michael!

Leave a comment:

• Kivada
    replied
    Thank you very much! So our APU was theoritically running at full throttle as far as it concerns the RAM speed! I don't speak for overclock speeds...
    I've seen the 3D mark results of the 8670D being OCd to 1.2Ghz on DDR3 2.4Ghz, he said that at that speed the performance hit a wall due to lack of ram bandwidth, but did not say if he tried or even could push the ram speed higher for whatever reason.

Said results show that at those enough to keep pace with the Iris Pro 5200, with more ram speed it may even overtake it. Though many reviews are showing that the HD4600-Iris pro GPUs seem to have very high frame latency compared to the AMD APUs causing a noticeable stutter in gameplay.

Link

Leave a comment:

• Kivada
    replied
    Any other game with automated test abilities works just fine, but after you tell a Steam game to quit from its console, even when it was launched directly from the command-line, the screen goes away and returns to the desktop, but the process actually remains alive. That's an issue with the upstream (steam).
    So stop whining and do the tests manually like every Windows hardware review site on the planet does, it's not like there aren't hundreds of those posting far more in depth reviews then you do every week.

But I guess that would take too much time away from drinking over rated beers to bother doing what pays for that beer.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Furthermore can you write the RAM clock at the hardware chart at each benchmark you make not just the amount, I mean something like 7068MB@1600Mhz or something...
    All the charts are automatically created by PTS. If running phoronix-test-suite as root, on decent motherboards the DMI information exposes the memory DIMM configuration as well as the operating frequency, which in turn is parsed by PTS. However, I haven't seen any CAS latencies, etc available under Linux. Also wish it would work when not as root, since most users aren't benchmarking as root.
    Last edited by Michael; 05 July 2013, 08:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• djdoo
    replied
    It's at 2133MHz as controlled from the BIOS/UEFI but the Catalyst driver as was reported to the result table reports 1066MHz.
    Thank you very much! So our APU was theoritically running at full throttle as far as it concerns the RAM speed! I don't speak for overclock speeds...

Leave a comment:

• djdoo
    replied
    Furthermore can you write the RAM clock at the hardware chart at each benchmark you make not just the amount, I mean something like 7068MB@1600Mhz or something...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X