Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ati 8.42 and compiz 0.3 , 0,6,2 and 0.5.2

Hi

I just read somewhere else on the net that the upcoming driver will not be compatible with compiz 0.3 but only with compiz 0.6.2.

I m using debian/testing and the version shipped with it is the 0.5.2

Could someone tell me if the driver will be compatible with compiz 0.5.2 cause i don't want to install any backport/unstable version

tahks

I think Compiz 0.5.2 should be in the clear.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

offers up-to-date Compiz Git (as of today) packages for all three Debian editions (stable, testing and unstable), just in case you change your opinion about bleeding-edge software

I've heard about changes in Xorg 7.3 that could lead to fglrx not working properly with AIGLX and Xorg 7.3 like Debian/sid has, let's hope that I am wrong, but I have a bad feeling... but on the other side, Fedora 8, Ubuntu Gutsy and all other major releases at the moment are shipping Xorg 7.2.

Comment

and what will happen when the package from the tux repository will get into official debian repository ?

Comment

faint,There's no any message about 8.42!

Comment

look for ati 8.42.4 and you will ind a lot of stuff about it with google.

i prefer not to post any link here ...........

Comment

Originally posted by Z1Kenobi View Post
              look for ati 8.42.4 and you will ind a lot of stuff about it with google.

i prefer not to post any link here ...........
              How did all those people get to know about this?

As I know the developers were forced to be quite about driver development and all betatester had to sign a NDA where it's prohibited to talk about the beta driver.
              Last edited by dopehouse; 22 October 2007, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dopehouse View Post
                How did all those people get to know about this?

As I know the developers were forced to be quite about driver development and all betatester had to sign an NDA where it's prohibited to talk about the beta driver.
                Any information you may see on 8.42 this time is from Phoronix. However, the bulk of the information you will find right now was exposed by some idiot that illegally accessed it at Phoronix. On the driver launch day you will find a full review and other information at Phoronix.com.
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                  Any information you may see on 8.42 this time is from Phoronix. However, the bulk of the information you will find right now was exposed by some idiot that illegally accessed it at Phoronix. On the driver launch day you will find a full review and other information at Phoronix.com.
                  That's what I want to say but in words transformed to questions. Just to test brainpower

Comment

It can not be "illegally" accessed as it was the first comment on this thread

and was available for some hours to read for everybody. There was no "hack" used or so, thereofore I would not consider that as illegal. I just don't remember who posted it, the still available text does not show this. It is just the usual problem that it is more or less impossible to remove content from the net which was put online. There is no revoke system to let ppl and browser caches forget it at once.

Comment

Working...
                    X