Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD Has Massive Radeon Patch Set - Power Management!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PuckPoltergeist View Post
    Looks like only tested on 64bit systems. Can you paste the whole error message?
    Seems indeed to be an issue with 32 bit systems. I compiled it with ARCH=i386 on my 64 bit main system, the error seems to appear immediately after the bzImage is built:
    Code:
    Setup is 16560 bytes (padded to 16896 bytes).                                   
    System is 6101 kB                                                               
    CRC eddb97dc                                                                    
    Kernel: arch/x86/boot/bzImage is ready  (#3)                                    
      Building modules, stage 2.                                                    
      MODPOST 3159 modules                                                          
    ERROR: "__udivdi3" [drivers/gpu/drm/radeon/radeon.ko] undefined!                
    ERROR: "__divdi3" [drivers/gpu/drm/radeon/radeon.ko] undefined!                 
    make[1]: *** [__modpost] Error 1                                                
    make: *** [modules] Error 2
    This is all I get. The kernel compiles fine when compiled as 64 bit. Now compiling on a real 32 bit system to see if this is a problem with the build environment, but this will take some time. If this turns out to be an issue with 32 bit systems, do I report it as usually, since this would be a bug that only exists in agd5f's repository?

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
      Why 6 months?

You can start today. Or, if you don't want to patch the kernel yourself, you can wait a few days until these patches are mainlined and check it out from git.
      Git: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/l...ext-3.11-wip-2
      Try it at home.
      RBEU #1000000000 - Registered Bad English User

Comment

I've always raged and said I wished I had bought Intel machines for my mobile PC's instead of AMD... but with the way things are going, there's a good chance with Wayland coming along and the improvement in these FOSS AMD drivers that my two aforementioned AMD machines might be running a full on Wayland powered desktop way before even my primary machine, which is an NVIDIA powered desktop.

Should be fun testing.

Comment

Maybe my radeon card will actually WORK for once without roasting. Right now its just a waste of space.

How will this affect switchable graphics?

Comment

Thanks to AMD Open Source Graphics Team for releasing this code!
            North Bridge P1 state will work now too?

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            I'm limited by not having many APUs.... :/
            You can retest APU that you have against Sandy/Ivy/Haswell GPU's but this time AMD APU will run on high clocks.

Comment

What is the "magical" switch to turn this on because it isn't on by default?

Comment

Originally posted by Caledar View Post
                Maybe my radeon card will actually WORK for once without roasting. Right now its just a waste of space.

How will this affect switchable graphics?
                Don't think there's any changes to provide switchable (Bumblebee-style) with another GPU such as Intel.

Comment

WOW

If any devs are reading, does this code include all features that fglrx does? I'm wondering if we should expect it to work as well as fglrx, or if there are known shortcomings still to be addressed.

Also, THANK YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael648
                    The major reason to use catalyst is gone!
                    Unless you need OpenGL 4+ or openCL.

Comment

• Originally posted by zanny View Post
                      Unless you need OpenGL 4+ or openCL.
                      Which would amount to about 10 people worldwide.

Comment

Working...
                      X