AMD Catalyst 13.6 Linux Graphics Driver Beta Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    They should have had X.Org Server 1.14 support months ago.

Then maybe Ubuntu could have shipped with X.Org Server 1.14 instead of the old version 1.13.

Ubuntu could not ship the latest X.Org Server due to the AMD driver not supporting it.

So once again, AMD was holding back the progress of Linux on the desktop.
    You want the goodness of X.Org Server 1.14, well you have to wait another 6 months for the upcoming Ubuntu 13.10 until you can enjoy it, thanks to AMD for stalling it...
    Goodness? To be honest, newer X.Org releases bring nothing. Nothing.

Comment

slow motion effect ... again

Unfortunately, again the same as the 13.4 ... "slow motion effect" for mouse in 3D applications ... tested on AMD APU E-350 for example on: Xonotic, Couter Strike: Source, etc..

Comment

Originally posted by Calinou View Post
        Goodness? To be honest, newer X.Org releases bring nothing. Nothing.
        I had to downgrade to 1.13, the only thing I miss about 1.14 was the edge pressure sensitivity which makes the Gnome system tray work nicely.

Comment

VTs work ? since 13.2beta I don't have VTs on my system (switching to console produces a black screen with no prompt). I went back to 13.1, VTs work, X3:Albion Prelude from Steam does not crash anymore on startup ...

I don't want to test it myself. I am tired of system stuck/reboots because AMD drivers don't play well ...

Comment

Originally posted by ext73 View Post
            Unfortunately, again the same as the 13.4 ... "slow motion effect" for mouse in 3D applications ... tested on AMD APU E-350 for example on: Xonotic, Couter Strike: Source, etc..
            Have you tried running desktop without compositor? Try XFCE without and with its own compositor. The issue could actually be compiz, limiting the onscreen frame rate.

---

PS. Use opensource drivers instead.

Comment

openSUSE 12.2

On openSUSE 12.2 (kernel 3.4.42-2.28, Xorg 1.12.3) they don't compile and give this error:
              Code:
              /usr/src/kernel-modules/fglrx/2.6.x/firegl_public.c: In function ?KCL_GetInitKerPte?:
              /usr/src/kernel-modules/fglrx/2.6.x/firegl_public.c:2420:5: warning: return makes integer from pointer without a cast [enabled by default]
              /usr/src/kernel-modules/fglrx/2.6.x/firegl_public.c:2423:5: warning: return makes integer from pointer without a cast [enabled by default]
              /usr/src/kernel-modules/fglrx/2.6.x/firegl_public.c:2428:5: warning: return makes integer from pointer without a cast [enabled by default]
              /usr/src/kernel-modules/fglrx/2.6.x/firegl_public.c: In function ?KCL_GetPageTableByVirtAddr?:
              /usr/src/kernel-modules/fglrx/2.6.x/firegl_public.c:2487:5: warning: return makes integer from pointer without a cast [enabled by default]
              /usr/src/kernel-modules/fglrx/2.6.x/firegl_public.c:2492:5: warning: return makes integer from pointer without a cast [enabled by default]
              /usr/src/kernel-modules/fglrx/2.6.x/firegl_public.c:2498:5: warning: return makes integer from pointer without a cast [enabled by default]
              /usr/src/kernel-modules/fglrx/2.6.x/firegl_public.c: In function ?KCL_GetPageSizeByVirtAddr?:
              /usr/src/kernel-modules/fglrx/2.6.x/firegl_public.c:2556:5: warning: return makes integer from pointer without a cast [enabled by default]
              /usr/src/kernel-modules/fglrx/2.6.x/firegl_public.c:2561:5: warning: return makes integer from pointer without a cast [enabled by default]
              /usr/src/kernel-modules/fglrx/2.6.x/firegl_public.c:2567:5: warning: return makes integer from pointer without a cast [enabled by default]
              /usr/src/kernel-modules/fglrx/2.6.x/firegl_public.c: In function ?KCL_EFI_IS_ENABLED?:
              /usr/src/kernel-modules/fglrx/2.6.x/firegl_public.c:3092:23: error: called object ?efi_enabled? is not a function
              /usr/src/kernel-modules/fglrx/2.6.x/firegl_public.c:3099:1: warning: control reaches end of non-void function [-Wreturn-type]
              make[3]: *** [/usr/src/kernel-modules/fglrx/2.6.x/firegl_public.o] Error 1
              make[3]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
              make[2]: *** [_module_/usr/src/kernel-modules/fglrx/2.6.x] Error 2
              make[1]: *** [sub-make] Error 2
              make: *** [all] Error 2
              make: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-3.4.42-2.28-obj/x86_64/desktop'
              Actually I don't install openSUSE 12.3 because I've some unresolved issues with bluetooth on 12.3 (I've tested on another machine).

Comment

Originally posted by ext73 View Post
                Damn that's unfortunate, I get that same problem in Portal.

Comment

Originally posted by haplo602 View Post
                  VTs work ? since 13.2beta I don't have VTs on my system (switching to console produces a black screen with no prompt). I went back to 13.1, VTs work, X3:Albion Prelude from Steam does not crash anymore on startup ...
                  Same problem here, has anyone tested that with the new drivers?

Comment

Originally posted by brosis View Post
                    Have you tried running desktop without compositor? Try XFCE without and with its own compositor. The issue could actually be compiz, limiting the onscreen frame rate.
                    It's a bug in the OpenGL driver. It's on Windows, too.

Comment

Originally posted by brosis View Post

---

PS. Use opensource drivers instead.
                      Only it is not a matter of the compositor ... I use KDE, and here both in 3d for fullscreen windows and not ... is the same ... at 13.3 beta3 is ideally ... with the beta2 13.3, 13.4 and 13.6 beta are such problems.

Comment

Working...
                      X