No announcement yet.

AMD Catalyst 13.6 Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

update to beta 13.6 on gentoo and fglx is running real good. "3.9.3 Kernel" Though the best player that I used was xbmc with it's native vaapi support and mplayer with vaapi support is in git.....http://gitorious.org/vaapi/mplayer

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
      Next final release will be Catalyst 13.7, coming on July the 31th.
      :-( thats some time to wait.

Do you know, if there will be a beta released before?

Comment

Originally posted by mibo View Post
        :-( thats some time to wait.

Do you know, if there will be a beta released before?
        AMD is committed to one release per month for Linux, if that. Wouldn't surprise me if 13.7 released on the last day of July.

Comment

Originally posted by mmstick View Post
          AMD is committed to one release per month for Linux, if that.
          This is not the case anymore. AMD refrained from a strict monthly release cycle some time ago.
          13.6 beta has seen the light in May.

Wouldn't surprise me if 13.7 released on the last day of July.
          d2kx obviously has access to some insider information. He was right quite a few times.

Comment

Originally posted by chessmaster View Post
            update to beta 13.6 on gentoo and fglx is running real good. "3.9.3 Kernel" Though the best player that I used was xbmc with it's native vaapi support and mplayer with vaapi support is in git.....http://gitorious.org/vaapi/mplayer
            Correction.... I recieved better vaapi with vlc than xbmc and vlc was able to decode dts at a higher birate....I achieved better mts2 support with vlc than with xbmc as well the git build I tried was more buggy than vlc....also it seems that for me changing to another tty doesn't crash my X no more on this beta. Can't wait for the next update.

Comment

I've got a lot of problems with XBMC which are extremely annoying. The first is 1-2 second delayed audio 'click' on the main menu when navigating through items, the second is the CPU usage is a lot higher than VLC, and the third is just that I don't like how XBMC works in general; I wish it just used the locally installed ffmpeg, which mine is custom-compiled. The git tree of XBMC is indeed seriously buggy. I was never able to compile successfully at all each time I've tried due to numerous bugs in the source code.
              Last edited by mmstick; 04 July 2013, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Correction.... I recieved better vaapi with vlc than xbmc and vlc was able to decode dts at a higher birate....I achieved better mts2 support with vlc than with xbmc as well the git build I tried was more buggy than vlc....also it seems that for me changing to another tty doesn't crash my X no more on this beta. Can't wait for the next update.
                here is a screenshot of vlc running blue ray m2ts at a decent %16.64 cpu usage http://imageshack.us/a/img9/4664/psiy.jpg with the 13.6 beta

Comment

Originally posted by mmstick View Post
                  I've got a lot of problems with XBMC which are extremely annoying. The first is 1-2 second delayed audio 'click' on the main menu when navigating through items, the second is the CPU usage is a lot higher than VLC, and the third is just that I don't like how XBMC works in general; I wish it just used the locally installed ffmpeg, which mine is custom-compiled. The git tree of XBMC is indeed seriously buggy. I was never able to compile successfully at all each time I've tried due to numerous bugs in the source code.
                  you probably need to disable some of your audio options system>settings>audioutput I had a problem with the AC3 in xbmc even after configuring my .alsaconfrc to take dts/ac3 resampling that's why I uninstall it I get better sampling with VLC...

Comment

you probably need to disable some of your audio options system>settings>audioutput I had a problem with the AC3 in xbmc even after configuring my .alsaconfrc to take dts/ac3 resampling that's why I uninstall it I get better sampling with VLC...
                    There's nothing to disable because I use analog stereo headphones. None of the videos in my 2TB archive of episodes are in AC3 though, they are all personally encoded myself with maximum compression settings with 10-bit H.264 and 96kbps HE-AAC audio. I don't have a problem with video playback, but the main menu has delayed audio playback. Even if I use pasuspender and play with ALSA only, it still has delayed clicks on the main menu. In fact, it does this on 6 different machines I've tried it on.
                    Last edited by mmstick; 04 July 2013, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vyrgozunqk View Post
                      I'm using Radeon 6370M 1GB hybrid GPU
                      and the driver still got the same lagg problems on Source based games!
                      2D rendering is kinda slow... for example - firefox is scrolling awfully slow...
                      Atleast some of the 3D rendering drops from 13.4 are fixed...
                      So I am not the only with oddly slow Firefox: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xz5...-in-linux_tech
                      Do you have better performance with open source drivers? I think Firefox is equally slow with proprietary and open source drivers for me.

Comment

Working...
                      X