AMD RadeonSI Gallium3D Begins Simple CL Demos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    Don't think that is correct. AFAIK the GCN (77xx and up) parts are catching up with the NI and earlier parts, ie the test programs that are starting to work on 7xxx should already be working on your 6850.
    Yes, they should but I think they are not. Any OpenCL program that I can find (GIMP, pyrit, bfgminer, python-opencl's .test() class) gives me error and couldn't complete anything but resulting GPU lockups and/or segmentation faults.
    It's hard to say that if it's in working state while python-opencl test fails even at "test_copy_1D " function.

Code:
    death@triQuad:~> python
    Python 2.7.3 (default, Apr 14 2012, 08:58:41) [GCC] on linux2
    Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
    >>> import opencl
    >>> opencl.test()
    [<opencl.Device name='AMD BARTS' type=4L>]
    test_broadcast_0D (test.test_memobj.TestBuffer) ... ok
    test_broadcast_2D (test.test_memobj.TestBuffer) ... ok
    test_copy_1D (test.test_memobj.TestBuffer) ... FAIL
    test_copy_2D (test.test_memobj.TestBuffer) ... FAIL
    test_copy_2D_negative_stride (test.test_memobj.TestBuffer) ... expected failure
    test_copy_contig (test.test_memobj.TestBuffer) ... Segmentation fault
    death@triQuad:~>
    I wish it start to work soon.

Comment

Sorry, when I said "should work" I was saying "*do* work on other peoples systems and should work on yours too". Anything that is "starting to work" on SI was already working on Evergreen and NI (at least the non-Cayman NI's like yours).

That said, AFAIK the only working programs right now are the tests that Tom and the other developers are using, along with bfgminer if built following the instructions in Tom's blog :

Test programs are mentioned further down Tom`s blog, and can be found here :

I haven`t heard anyone mention that the python OpenCL tests are working yet.
      Test signature

Comment

OpenCL for coin mining with opensource is useless until we :

- can change the GPU clock the way we want, when we want
        - can change the memory clock the way we want, when we want
        - monitor the GPU temperature
        - monitor and change the fan speed

We need the clocking for anything worth mining because bitcoin is not profitable for GPU mining anymore, Alt coin like litecoin, novacoin and other pump and dump crashcoin are, and for all of these, you need a GPU/MEM speed ratio of about 0.57. (like core 969Mhz, Mem 1700Mhz for my 7970's).

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
          Sorry, when I said "should work" I was saying "*do* work on other peoples systems and should work on yours too". Anything that is "starting to work" on SI was already working on Evergreen and NI (at least the non-Cayman NI's like yours).

That said, AFAIK the only working programs right now are the tests that Tom and the other developers are using, along with bfgminer if built following the instructions in Tom's blog :

Test programs are mentioned further down Tom`s blog, and can be found here :

I haven`t heard anyone mention that the python OpenCL tests are working yet.
          http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~tstellar/opencl-example looks working. At least I have something to execute. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X