No announcement yet.

RadeonHD on Thinkpad T60/X1400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On my T60 with the x1400 the radeonhd driver will not be loaded correctly. glxinfo says that the mesa driver is loaded.

Why i can't load the radeonhd driver? Do you need a kernel module for this driver? modprobe radeonhd says that there is no module.

Please help

Comment

Originally posted by Gottxxc View Post
      On my T60 with the x1400 the radeonhd driver will not be loaded correctly. glxinfo says that the mesa driver is loaded.

Why i can't load the radeonhd driver? Do you need a kernel module for this driver? modprobe radeonhd says that there is no module.

Please help
      You are seeing the correct behaviour. The radeonhd module is for the xorg server, not the kernel so it gets loaded automatically by X on startup, not via modprobe like a kernel module. There is no 3D support in the radeonHD driver yet, so A) theres not kernel modules to be loaded yet and B) as such there no hardware driver for mesa so it falls back to software indirect rendering.

If you wish to verify that the radeonhd driver is indeed loading check your Xorg.log for

(II) Module radeonhd: vendor="AMD GPG"
      compiled for 1.3.0, module version = 0.0.2
      Module class: X.Org Video Driver
      ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 1.2

Comment

Thank you. That's it

So the radeonhd driver is loaded.

Comment

Figured it out - for those of you who want to run with a monitor section the following works well for my T60:

Section "Monitor"
          Identifier "monitor"
          DisplaySize 314 203
          HorizSync 50-110
          VertRefresh 59-61
          EndSection

The HorizSync and VertRefresh normally don't need to be specified as this stuff is gotten from DDC.

Comment

Working...
          X