X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibidem
    replied
    Originally posted by vitalogy View Post
    will uvd 1.0 support merged into linux-3.12, or what does this pull request mean?
    https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/ke...a34c822582dda5
    Unfortunately, I think that's API versioning rather than support for UVD 1.0.

Since I have an HD3200M/RS780 chip, I'm eager to hear about UVD2.0 support.

Leave a comment:

• AnonymousCoward
    replied
    Originally posted by vitalogy View Post
    will uvd 1.0 support merged into linux-3.12, or what does this pull request mean?
    https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/ke...a34c822582dda5
    That looks interesting, like some infrastructure stuff. Any news on that, especially RS780/880? Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• vitalogy
    replied
    UVD 1.0 merged into linux-3.12?

Originally posted by Deathsimple View Post
    Yes and no

Well all the older chips (UVD 1.0 - 2.0) are pretty much the same, when we release something for UVD 2.0 (RS780, RS880, RV790) it probably will also work on UVD 1.0 (R6xx). So I'm pretty sure that when we get UVD 2.0 out we can also release the firmware for UVD 1.0 hardware and so get that working as well.

On the other hand the UVD 1.0 hardware generation was really really buggy, and I definitely don't have time to sort out all the different bugs and workarounds necessary to get it stable. So support for UVD 1.0 hardware will always be only best effort.

Christian.

Leave a comment:

• fritsch
    replied
    I personally would not invest any man power into hi10p - with only used in the anime scene and soon fully replaced with h265 (quality and filesize), it will just die.

Newer chips (15W ULV haswell chips and perhaps cabini) will do hi10p on one core - and fine. For UVD i would like to see perfect real world codecs support (mpeg-2/mpeg-4 1080p/1080i and same for h264 with high bitrate and fps (1080p48 / 1080p60) <- ever tried such things on a UVD 3.0)?

Here you will see the limits very fast:
    E350 max 46fps with 1080p (xvba) max 30 fps (oss uvd)
    E450 max 51fps with 1080p (xvba) max 32 fps (oss uvd)

not to speak about deinterlacing and deinterlacing quality.

So concentrating on the "core features" I would suggest first.

To my knowledge, that would be the first working solution for GPU-assisted decoding of hi10p.
    Before someone asks: 1080p50/p60 is used in a whole lot of HD consumer cameras. 1080i50 is the default LiveTV format be it h264 or mpeg-2. (Done by an ancient ION / ION-2 just perfectly), but even a no go on newer AMD A10 cpu / gpus. Not via xvba and also not via vdpau oss.
    Last edited by fritsch; 11 August 2013, 02:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Nille
    replied
    H264 Decoding on the GPU is messi and i don't think it will be implement.

Leave a comment:

• Banias
    replied
    Does anyone know if the decoding of hi10p videos via shaders is implemented in the gallium drivers? If not, is it possible / planned to implement that feature in the future?

Since even the newest revision of UVD does not seem to be able to decode such video files, it would be great if the driver would fall back to shader based decoding for hi10p content (and other video formats UVD does not support).

To my knowledge, that would be the first working solution for GPU-assisted decoding of hi10p.

Leave a comment:

• chrisr
    replied
    My guess is that DPM and the 3.11 kernel have priority.

Originally posted by zman0900 View Post
    Any progress or anything that can be talked about publicly?
    I doubt there's any point hoping for anything until the 3.11 kernel has been released and DPM is stable, at the very least.

Leave a comment:

• zman0900
    replied
    I have an RV770 and am patiently waiting for UVD. I see this thread has been dead for over a month, so I was wondering if there has been any progress on the UVD 2.0 support. Any progress or anything that can be talked about publicly?

Leave a comment:

• Deathsimple
    replied
    Originally posted by Nille_kungen View Post
    Is RS780 UVD2.0?
    I have an HD3200 RS780M [1002:9612] what UVD does it have and will it have OSS UVD support in the future?
    It's UVD 2.0 and yes I really hope that we are able to release the additional code for the older chips somewhere soon, but I can't promise anything.

Christian.

Leave a comment:

• Nille_kungen
    replied
    Originally posted by Deathsimple View Post
    Yes and no

Well all the older chips (UVD 1.0 - 2.0) are pretty much the same, when we release something for UVD 2.0 (RS780, RS880, RV790) it probably will also work on UVD 1.0 (R6xx). So I'm pretty sure that when we get UVD 2.0 out we can also release the firmware for UVD 1.0 hardware and so get that working as well.

On the other hand the UVD 1.0 hardware generation was really really buggy, and I definitely don't have time to sort out all the different bugs and workarounds necessary to get it stable. So support for UVD 1.0 hardware will always be only best effort.

Christian.
    Is RS780 UVD2.0?
    I have an HD3200 RS780M [1002:9612] what UVD does it have and will it have OSS UVD support in the future?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X