No announcement yet.

Radeon UVD Support Merged Into Mesa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fair enough removing the UVD microcode, but...

Originally posted by Deathsimple View Post
    We removed the RV770 firmware image from the download side and the related RV770 code from the patches, because they currently doesn't work.
    There's no longer any RV770 microcode in that repository at all, e.g. RV770_rlc.bin. That sounds slightly "over eager" to me...

Comment

Originally posted by chrisr View Post
      There's no longer any RV770 microcode in that repository at all, e.g. RV770_rlc.bin. That sounds slightly "over eager" to me...
      There never was any other RV770 related firmware expect for UVD in this directory, cause for example for the RLC we just use the R700_rlc.bin.

Christian.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
        Or, you know, Tim Writer (twriter) himself.
        Knew i forgot someone lol
        All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
          Or, you know, Tim Writer (twriter) himself.
          But he is not so garrulous like bridgman

Comment

Originally posted by Nille View Post
            But he is not so garrulous like bridgman
            Give him time
            Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by pejakm View Post
              So, my card might be cpable of OpenGL 3.3 with open source drivers?

And, this is an UVD1 card, so no luck for me.
              IIRC, it's 3.1 right now. Eventually (just a couple features away!) it will be 3.3.
              Code:
              lspci |grep VGA
              shows version.

I've seen a report that the xvba bridges actually work for some videos with UVD1 chips, though (if you're using catalyst-legacy)...

By the way, the *_uvd.bin firmware is not enough: you need to grab the latest *_rlc.bin firmware to go with them! (Or so the comments in the other thread indicate)
              Last edited by Ibidem; 12 April 2013, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
                I suppose the biggest question I have at this point... is whether the current state of "released" for UVD2 stuff means that when you get that figured out, if you can just let it free right away? Or if further legal review would be necessary for it? The rotten thing about the missing RS780/880 support in UVD, is that my only machine that isn't strong enough to handle everything through software decoding, is RS780.

I'm really looking forward for this support to expand!!! crystalhd (what I'm currently using) is a little awkward to use in terms of software support, and even in terms of bandwidth.
                I'm also curious whether it will need legal review.

Comment

Originally posted by pejakm View Post
                  Also, Radeon feature matrix states that this card should support OpenGL 3.3, but I've found on AMD website it only supports up to OpenGL 3.2. Please someone clarify this to me.
                  Originally posted by Ericg View Post
                  Means AMD only supports up to OpenGL 3.2 on that hardware, but the hardware may be capable of atleast partial OpenGL 3.3 support if not full 3.3 and AMD Just said "Mmmmm....No."
                  Actually OpenGL 3.3 is a bit of a special case. It was released simultaneously with OpenGL 4.0, and includes everything from 4.0 that did *not* require new hardware. In other words: OpenGL 3.3 was explicitly designed so that all hardware that can do 3.2 also can do 3.3. Both AMD and NVidia did release drivers updates that added 3.3 support to all 3.2 capable hardware, but anything written before the 3.3 standard was released will only say 3.2, so that is most likely the reason for the outdated information you found.

Comment

Originally posted by Ibidem View Post
                    I'm also curious whether it will need legal review.
                    The answer will depend on whether the final working code requires additional programming information and the nature of the extra info. All additional programming info will require review but in a lot of cases review is quick and easy.
                    Test signature

Comment

UVD on RV770 [Radeon HD 4850]

Originally posted by Deathsimple View Post
                      We removed the RV770 firmware image from the download side and the related RV770 code from the patches, because they currently doesn't work.

The RS780, RS880 and RV770 chipset generations have some differences in their UVD block which needs to be handled first before we can release any code for them. R6xx have similar (but still different) issues.

I think I'm on a good way of solving that, but can't promise anything.

Cheers,
                      Christian.
                      Any progress with UVD on RV770/RV790? I am sad owner of Radeon HD 4850.

Thanks
                      Uro?

Comment

Working...
                      X