Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
    correct on both accounts.
    Is there any known timescale (weeks, months, years) when we can expect support for UVD1? Or is my integrated HD 3200 UVD+?
    Last edited by Vim_User; 11 April 2013, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vim_User View Post
      Is there any known timescale (weeks, months, years) when we can expect support for UVD1? Or is my integrated HD 3200 UVD+?
      Ask Christian (deathsimple) or Bridgman (bridgman)
      All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

I would love to have that support for my RS780M/RS780MN Mobility Radeon HD 3200 Graphics as well.
        Maybe it would make flash and youtube videos to work better.
        But i do appreciate the code that was dropped and with better power management my next GPU will be AMD again.

Comment

I don't think there is any commitment to do so yet, they've merely said that it could potentially be done. Eventually.

I'd expect it to not happen for a while, until a lot of other stuff queued up has been done.

They've also said that the older UVD hardware had a lot of bugs that they'd have to figure out how to work around, so it's not just a simple process.

Comment

A few firmwares short of a bundle?

Originally posted by Veerappan View Post
            Firmware:
            You'll need the appropriate ${generation}_uvd.bin file from http://people.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/radeon_ucode/ installed in /lib/firmware/radeon (or wherever you keep your kernel firmware).
            This can't be all the firmware because I have RV770_*.bin with my Fedora 18 installation. However, even all of the existing RV770_*.bin files are missing from that repository, let alone any new RV770_uvd.bin.

Comment

It is my understanding that the UVD in RS780/880 (HD3200, 3300, 4200), RV770 (HD4730, 4830, 4850, 4870) and RV790 (HD4890) is the next item on the TODO list.

For all other HD2000/3000 series cards it is unclear whether UVD support will come at all.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisr View Post
                This can't be all the firmware because I have RV770_*.bin with my Fedora 18 installation. However, even all of the existing RV770_*.bin files are missing from that repository, let alone any new RV770_uvd.bin.
                We removed the RV770 firmware image from the download side and the related RV770 code from the patches, because they currently doesn't work.

The RS780, RS880 and RV770 chipset generations have some differences in their UVD block which needs to be handled first before we can release any code for them. R6xx have similar (but still different) issues.

I think I'm on a good way of solving that, but can't promise anything.

Cheers,
                Christian.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathsimple View Post
                  We removed the RV770 firmware image from the download side and the related RV770 code from the patches, because they currently doesn't work.

The RS780, RS880 and RV770 chipset generations have some differences in their UVD block which needs to be handled first before we can release any code for them. R6xx have similar (but still different) issues.

Cheers,
                  Christian.
                  At least, there is hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathsimple View Post

Cheers,
                    Christian.
                    I suppose the biggest question I have at this point... is whether the current state of "released" for UVD2 stuff means that when you get that figured out, if you can just let it free right away? Or if further legal review would be necessary for it? The rotten thing about the missing RS780/880 support in UVD, is that my only machine that isn't strong enough to handle everything through software decoding, is RS780.

I'm really looking forward for this support to expand!!! crystalhd (what I'm currently using) is a little awkward to use in terms of software support, and even in terms of bandwidth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
                      Ask Christian (deathsimple) or Bridgman (bridgman)
                      Or, you know, Tim Writer (twriter) himself.

Comment

Working...
                      X